24: Turmoil on the Homefront

3rd Person. 

Months after the Sirens and the Neuroi attacked Humbarine, Another storm has been brewing.  News had spread like wildfire through the community, reaching the ears of anxious parents. Their children, the students of Oarai Girls' High School, and other schools renowned for their Sensha-dō programs, were being sent to military training camps and were now under the purview of the Galactic Alliance. Families huddled around their HoloNet's telescreens, eyes glued to the news reports. The words that flashed across the screen were like daggers to their hearts. Sensha-dō, a sport they had believed to be safe and devoid of military influence, had been suddenly entangled with the very thing they had sought to shield their children from. Some families even received notices,  awards, and compensations for their daughters who had died heroically against the alien. 

Shock reverberated through the community as parents exchanged worried glances and whispered among themselves. The air grew heavy with anger and frustration, and soon, the collective dismay transformed into an intense desire to protect their children from what they saw as an encroachment on their innocence. 

Within hours, the streets of Humbarine City were filled with angry parents, their voices united in protest

Within hours, the streets of Humbarine City were filled with angry parents, their voices united in protest. The barely restored city now echoed with the sound of mass riots, as banners were raised and chants filled the air. They believed that Sensha-dō would provide their daughters with valuable life skills and a sense of camaraderie. Now, those hopes had been shattered following the attack and the subsequent conscription of their children. Some even died in the name of protecting mankind. 

Yuri Isuzu: "How could they do this? We trusted them to provide our children with a safe environment! This is an outrage!"

Her voice resonated with the frustrations of countless other parents who had gathered around her. The air was thick with emotion, a mixture of fear, anger, and betrayal. Another parent, who survived the gas attack stepped forward, his face etched with worry.

Sensha-do Parent 1 (Male): "We must demand answers! We cannot let our children be thrown into this war! We must protect them!"

The peaceful demonstrations quickly escalated into a full-blown riot, with fires raging and chaos reigning supreme. Authorities were taken aback by the sudden eruption of rage, struggling to maintain order amidst the chaos as the overstretched loyalist police force called for backup. It didn't take long for reinforcements to arrive as the Coruscant Guard clone shock troopers and riot troopers arrived at the MEXT Building where the rioters surrounded the area.