27: Knowing Thy Ally

3rd Person.

After successfully driving out the enemy forces from the planet of Albenga, the Sensha-do girls and the Strike Witches collectively breathed a sigh of relief. The Sirens and Neuroi were finally defeated, and the planet was now free from their tyranny. However, their victory was exploited by the clone and droid forces who were still in pursuit and began landing hundreds of thousands of reinforcements on the planet. Using the planet as a staging ground, Their allies were perplexed at the sight of thousands of Acclamator class assault ships taking off every day and seemingly endless troops marching. Mio, a veteran witch, was particularly unsettled by the true magnitude of this war. The thought of facing such an enormous army was daunting, even for someone as experienced as her.

Despite their fears, the Sensha-do girls and the Strike Witches remained determined to protect their planet and fight for their freedom. They knew that the road ahead would not be easy, but they were ready to face any challenge that came their way.

 They knew that the road ahead would not be easy, but they were ready to face any challenge that came their way

Sakamoto Mio: "That's not something I've ever seen in a million lifetimes. I know we're at war but our allies are going all out and how the fact they can pull out an army of this size bigger than the allied forces, mobilize it at breakneck speed, and fully equip it surprises me."

Minna-Dietlinde Wilcke: "They're not lying Mio. I can understand they can field gigantic armies that I could dream of if they're fighting over 100 planets at once. I heard we are getting reinforced. The 501st will be expanded to a full Air Corps."

Sakamoto Mio: "That's new. Are we having new witches or more of those "automatons"? I feel like having those under our command will be a great asset. Except for the mass murder they did earlier but it seems they just protected that girl from being blown up by those traitors."

Minna-Dietlinde Wilcke: "I have a sense of unease about them. Despite recognizing their potential, Mio, I have several reservations. They appear to lack a human touch, and I wonder about their ability to discern between friend and foe. Moreover, I am in the dark about their origins, their true identity, and their physical appearance beneath those opaque helmets that conceal their faces."

Sakamoto Mio: *Nodded* "I see your point, Minna. But they're also a powerful asset. We need all the help we can get to defeat the Neuroi. if it wasn't for them, We might have been destroyed multiple times."

Minna-Dietlinde Wilcke: *Sighs* "I can't help but feel a sense of unease, Mio. It seems like we'll have to make some tough decisions in the future. We might be forced to rely on soldiers who prioritize efficiency over emotions. I fear that this could lead to some unforeseen consequences. We must proceed with caution and remember that even in times of war, we must uphold our values and treat everyone with respect."

Sakamoto Mio: "Have you mentioned that regulation to them before? I'm sure they're aware of it, but I can't believe how suspicious they were of us! I overheard their officers telling their troops to be extra careful around us as if we were some sort of Neuroi spies or traitors. Can you believe that? It's like they were ready to arrest or even kill us without any hesitation!"