꧁•⊹٭𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚒𝚝𝚛𝚎 𝚃𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚎٭⊹•꧂

The light cascaded from the sun and shone down upon the figure, whose skin shifted and ripped into a brand-new form

Tears rolled down the cheeks of a pale woman. Her wide blue eyes watched with glee as the platinum wolf, once tall and overshadowing, bent down and morphed into a tall woman. Muscles clenched and shifted from the fatigue and discomfort.

The dips of extreme muscle this woman had rivaled Lucifer. The tall woman clenches her biceps and dips into her skin with darkened scars, creating rifts in her milky white skin. 

Half of her head was shaved to a fine inch of grey hair. Silk white strands of longer hair sprout from her hairline, cascading overtop half her forehead and ticking the bottom of her chin. When her bright ice-white eyes shone upon River, she knew this was Athena.
Memories of her sister flooded her brain. Her taller but frail older sister. The girl's long hair was always tied in a secure bun, her round pale face cast down to look at her shorter younger sister. Now she no longer had long hair.

Even though the muscular woman was threatening, she wore a face of unease. She looked fearful of River's potentially negative reaction. She noticed the three claw marks still adorned the side of her face.

"Athena." River breathed.

Wobbly and exhausted legs carelessly pushed her in the direction of the large woman. Her sister extended her arms and ducked in the younger woman's direction.

They met harshly due to careless movements, but their warm arms secured themselves around each other as the youngest wept and wailed. The women's knees met the ground; River could not keep herself upright due to exhaustion.
Athena securely kept the woman from falling over entirely. They held each other for some time. River couldn't grasp the reality that she was finally in her sister's arms again, that same sister who disappeared a decade ago. 

A deep feminine voice broke her from her thoughts, a french accent thick as honey. "River," Athena spoke in a careful whisper as if she'd break her with just a single word.

"I'm sorry."

The plump woman only tucked her head into Athena's neck. Her sister smelled like heavy rain bringing the scent out of the concrete and fresh grass. It was a strange but pleasant smell that brought back old memories.

River, no longer sobbing messily, whispered, "Why did you leave?" She asked in nearly a plea. For years, she wanted to know.

"Because of mother," Athena whispered without hesitance. "There are horrors you don't know about our family."

The younger sister tensed. She needed to ask the question both on their minds. 

"Why did you leave me?"

Her sister shrunk into herself. River peered at her face, only to see pure grief and regret. "I couldn't let you go down my path." She whispered with cloudy eyes, "I thought if I could make your wolf sleep forever, you'd live a better life."
That answered why her wolf had only recently awoken. With their link and how powerful Athena must be suddenly made everything make complete sense. Nearly everything did. "Mother does awful," she breathed, "Awful... things to her pups."

Awful things?

"First, I need to tell you..."

What did she have to tell her?

"My name is no longer Athena." She told her sister with a frown. River stared at her sister in shock, not expecting her to have changed her name.

Athena sighed, "My name is Riot. Riot Roi."

Riot. Riot. It was at the tip of her tongue, a name she could get used to saying as long as it made her sister happy. River watched her sister's tense expression, noticing she expected a harsh reaction from her again.
"Riot." River whispered, "Okay." She allowed a tiny smile to curve the corners of her lips. Relief flooded Riot's face, her eyebrows straightening out. Now that her new name was out of the way, it seemed Riot had another bombshell to drop.

"There's a lot I need to retell you," Riot told River.

River placed a gentle hand on her sister's shoulder,

"Start from the beginning."