Chapter 13 | Relentless Anger

The muscular, tan man slammed his tensed fist on a battered table, which had seen too much abuse in its day. 

His white dress shirt clung to his body, the first few buttons hanging loose to show the top of his chest. Professionally, black slacks clung to his defined legs.

"I don't know what game you're playing, but it needs to stop." He snarled between clenched teeth, "Lau."
[Now.]

Lucifer was in an intense debate in the pack house meeting room. 

His eyes were a dangerous yellow, emitting a fierce aura. 

He was livid.

This heathen, this rotting and geriatric fuck, interrupted the lovely dinner he was having with his mate. Sure, she wasn't too bothered, but that didn't change the fact he was bothered. Lucifer put his mate above everything else.

Across the table where he sat, another man was fuming. 

His black dreads were tied behind his head, and angled red eyes glared at Lucifer. "This is not a game, Ek Dieu." He hissed, the formalities only angering him further.
[Beta Dieu.]

"I will not have you throwing accusations at my mate!" Lucifer roared, standing up in his seat and knocking over his chair. 

Vulcan hissed and writhed, begging to shift and show this fucker a lesson.

"Mate or not, gæ is hú́ losí hoyí!" Marcus also knocked over his chair when he stood up. He was nearing shift as well.
[She is our top suspect!]

Lucifer rolled his shoulders, tensing and untensing his muscles to calm himself down. Vulcan clawed at the surface of his consciousness. 

Nothing angered a wolf more than having their mate threatened or accused of being a murderer.

As Marcus snickered at his angered state, the beta's claws elongated into the long table. He gripped it dangerously tight, muscles beginning to strain under his dress shirt. 

Without his consent, Vulcan came roaring forward.

His voice deepened, heavy bass rattling the paintings hung on the walls. "Áfæ o lafó ha öngau o llé, lá nú́a o hölau the háge pa." Vulcan sneered, chips of wood snapping under his deadly grip. 
[Unless you want to lose your head, I suggest you shut the fuck up.]

Marcus released an angry scowl as his wolf, Titanis, came forward, "My father did not lose his life for this!" He roared, "Ha da betraúed hré na ek!"
[To be betrayed by his beta!]

"You little presumptuous BOOT-LICKING-" Vulcan began,

"Gyú́gyi."
[Silence.]

The tension in the room was forcibly under wraps, Vulcan and Titanis retreating into their subconscious.