𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝒎 𝒖 𝒎 𝒎 𝒚

You opened your eyes, only to find yourself in the middle of a glittering oasis, a large pond of crystal clear water next to you, surrounded by the gleaming sun-crisped sand and lined with beautiful blooming palm trees

Standing up, you looked down at yourself, only to be met with the beautiful flowing silk of your kalasiri, the hem embroidered with golden thread that sparkled under the setting sun.

"What is this place?" You asked, confused, as you approached the water of the pond. 

A gasp left you at the sight of your reflection, the surface so crystalline that you could see even the smallest of moles on your skin.

"It is quite beautiful, isn't it?" A woman chimed, kneeling before the water in a spot you could've sworn was empty a moment before.

Wary, you slowly approached the space next to her, using the moment to take in her features.  

The woman was radiant in every sense of the word. 

Her long black hair, her piercing emerald green eyes, which were accentuated with graceful strokes kohl, and her perfectly sun-kissed brown skin.

Her beauty was ethereal, beyond god-like. 

"Who are you? ...What is this place?" You asked, kneeling next to her as your eyes continued to marvel.

A small smile broke free on her lips. "I am Hathor, Goddess of Fertility and Rebirth. And I have been watching over you for a very long time," she answered, her gaze still trained on the water. 

Your stomach practically fell through your feet, and if you still had blood, all of it would've drained from your body in that instant.

You had been talking to a deity older than time like she was some stranger on the street.

"Forgive me!" You frantically apologized, dropping into a bow without missing a beat.

Many gods were not known to be forgiving, and you shuddered at the thought of spending the rest of eternity as a slave for one simple mistake.

"Raise your head, child," she smiled, gracefully taking your chin in her hand and lifting you up. "No one shall be enslaved."   

Relief sank into your shoulders, along with some confusion as you how she read your thoughts.

But as your eyes rose to meet hers, you were suddenly hit by the painful reminder of why you were there.

Imhotep.

Without thinking, your hand clutched your stomach, only to be met with unmarred and unbroken flesh.

Though that wasn't what was worrying you.