𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝒎 𝒖 𝒎 𝒎 𝒚

Ardeth and Rick ran out to a train you saw in the distance, checking to see if anything or anyone was on it

You all made it to the Temple of Karnak and were hoping they hadn't left with Alex yet, otherwise, you would have no idea where they were going next.

You decided to go to the temple with Evy to try and look for clues.

The two of you split up and you wandered around, clutching your shotgun tight in your hand, just in case.

As you turned a corner, you noticed something brown and yellow striped hanging from a statue.

Alex's tie...

"Ardeth! Rick! Evy!" You shouted as youran over, grabbing it off the statue.

The three came barreling over, guns at the ready.

"Alex left us his tie...and he made us a little sand castle," you reported, crouching down to examine the building made of sand.

"It's the Temple Island of Philae. They've gone to Philae," Evy smiled.

"Atta boy, Alex. Come on!" Rick smiled, running back to the balloon, the rest of you in tow.

𝒎 𝒖 𝒎 𝒎 𝒚

After a few more stops, you all found yourselves flying over the Blue Nile and through a gorge, trying to get to the next destination as fast as you could.

Alex had left a final clue as to where they were taking him, and it was now a race to the oasis.

Off to the side, you and Ardeth stood together, hand in hand as you watched the crystalline water below.

You were beyond grateful to have this time with him, making up for all the things that you'd missed throughout the years, but there was a nagging voice in the back of your mind preventing you from enjoying it fully.

It began speaking after you learned the entire story of your past life, and wouldn't stop spouting doubt and suspicion about Ardeth's love.

He's not in love with you.

With your pasts so intertwined, what else was he supposed to do?

Stop living in a fantasy.

Your distress was potent enough to change the air, and, noticing the shift, Ardeth gave your hand a comforting squeeze.

"Something troubling you?" He asked evenly, his eyes still on the Nile below.

You shook your head, plastering on your bravest face, "No, no, just...lost in thought."

He raised a brow, turning to you with a knowing look.