𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

𝒎 𝒖 𝒎 𝒎 𝒚

Evy used her excavation brush to swipe away all the dirt and sand on the top of the sarcophagus

"Well, who is it?" Jonathan asked.

"He that shall not be named," you read the inscription.

Rick blew some sand away and revealed an indent in the shape of a star with a scarab at the center.

"This looks like some sort of lock," he stated.

"Well, whoever's in here sure wasn't getting out," Jonathan quipped, a nervous laugh quickly following.

"Yeah, no kidding. It'd take us a month to crack this thing open without a key." Rick stated, running a hand through his hair.

"A key? A key! A key! That's what he was talking about!" Evy exclaimed as she turned around to look in her bag.

"Who?" You asked, confused.

"The man on the barge. The one with the hook. He was looking for a key." Evy answered as she opened up the box her brother nicked off Rick.

"Hey! That's mine!" Jonathan exclaimed, pointing at the box. Evy shot him a sharp glare, and he quickly threw his hands up in surrender. "Nevermind."

The box had opened up in a star shape, just like the indent, and she placed it inside. Evy smiled and looked over to Rick, who was staring at her with nothing but pride.

Out of nowhere, the warden's screams rang throughout the temple, agony the only fathomable cause for a sound so pained.

You and Rick quickly drew your guns, running towards the sound, Jonathan and Evy grabbing the key before following suit.

The four of you made it to the hallway, only to find the warden thrashing around, his hands scratching at his head so harshly, he began to bleed.

With screams of terror, he ran past you and head first into a stone wall, killing himself.

You gasped, and everyone watched in horror as the man laid on the sandy floor, motionless.

"We gotta get out of here," you stated, cocking your shotgun and heading straight for the exit. "Now."

𝒎 𝒖 𝒎 𝒎 𝒚

"What do you suppose killed him?" You asked as you joined the others around the campfire.

After what you'd just witnessed, you knew there was no way in hell you were going back in that tomb. 

The moment the warden died, you grabbed your things and got the four of you out of there as fast as possible.

"Did you ever see him eat?" Jonathan shrugged.