A Normal Day (thats weird)

Are you kidding me? He seriously did not just-

"The hell, Moon?!"

Your robot kid had a hand firmly wrapped around your waist, demanding you tell him where the blood on the back of your head came from. Smoke slithered from under his cap. You crossed your arms and groaned.

Here's the thing about head injuries Google doesn't have to tell you. They create terrible headaches. Those headaches can make you woozy. Extremely woozy with the work day you were having.

Sleep was hard to come by already, the throbbing pain in your head just helped with the sleep deprivation you just loved having. You gingerly touched the bandages carefully wrapped around your wound.

"First off, put me down, Moon."

He did, reluctantly.

"Second off, it's not as bad as it looks. Besides doesn't even hurt that much."

That was a fat-face lie.

He crossed his arms following you over to the tent area the kids made. Today was Campfire Day (AKA Sundrops Day off, which Moon was not happy about). Moon wasn't as persuading as Sundrop was. Moon was a lot more stubborn than Sundrop was, which had its setbacks. For you that is.

"I promise, I'm fine. It's not like I'm leaving it to get infected."

You were a liar. A bald face liar.

"You wouldn't have to if you hadn't gotten hurt. How did you get hurt?" His voice sounded like he was angry, but you heard his concern leak through. You sighed through your teeth. "Hon," you stopped him, "can you please just drop it? I'm fine. The situation was handled and I got treated. It's in the past, okay?" You half-lied.

Your treatment was from a first aid station. Your situation was handled by your backhanded warning. You most definitely were not fine; with a migraine that felt like it would crack your cranium. You had these before, it wasn't going to stop you now.

Moon scanned you and his eyes flickered wearily. His hesitance to let it go was obvious and any word of assurance seem to pass through him. He knew a lie when he heard it. He knew when you lied, especially you. You created him, he didn't know anyone else better.

Mom/Dad looks scared, don't push him/her, Moon.

"Fine, but I will find out what happened. One way or another." He marked and you ran your fingers through your hair. You had little braids in it from little kids. "Be my guest." You whispered as the kids sat content around a fake fire telling ghost stories and eating marshmallows.

You felt a yank on your pant leg. You looked down to see Cerezita. "Oh, do you want to go the quiet corner?" You asked kneeling down. You weren't going to dwell on your problems since they couldn't be fixed. You had children to take care of. She shook her head. "I would like to go to the crafts area. I don't, um..." you picked up on the words she was too scared to say.

Some kids didn't like ghost stories. You didn't when you were a kid, not for the same reason Cerezita didn't. You concluded they were illogical and far-fetched. Cerezita thought they were scary. You didn't think Moon offering to eat all the scary monsters was going to work either. If anything, it might make the situation worse.

"Alright, let's go. I got some new glitter glue we can use. And some that glow in the dark." You enticed. She giggled, squeezing the ever-loving life out of the bunny plush.

"Why do Mr. Moon and Mr. Sun call you Mom/Dad?" she blurted and you almost tripped. That caught you off guard. Kids say the darndest things. "Well," you cleared your throat, "I created them. I built them by myself."