I'm Sorry, Where Do I Begin?

Today was a new day. You woke up refreshed and energized. You weren't sure why but you didn't much care. You just hoped it'd stay with you through your shift.

You removed Dust Bunny's filter and changed it before filling up a medicine cup with Pennzoil. He was more than happy to take it and suck it down. You petted his head and sighed through your smile. "Be good while I'm gone. I got to go into town after work to get gas. So I might be a few minutes late home." you explained.

You remember last time you were five minutes late once. He had torn up your couch pillows because he thought something had happened to you. He nuzzled your hand as oil dripped from his chin. "Good, Bunny."

___

You adjusted your shirt as you held your paperwork close. You went through it, mumbling things as you did so. You subconsciously opened the Daycare doors as Sun approached you, looking over your shoulder.

"Good morning, (Y/N)."

He said quietly. You nudged him as your way of saying 'good morning'. You sat your paperwork down and sighed.

You looked up at Sun with a big smile on your face. "Good morning, Sundrop! How are you?" you asked. He stared at you, confused, before a small smile crossed his face. "You seem cheery this morning." he sounded happy for you. "I feel fantastic right now. Like super energized," you stated. He chuckled at your childish nature. "You seem calmer; your battery low?" You asked, looking down at your watch. You didn't realize how early you were.

"Well, actually, we wanted to ask you something." He asked nervously, his fingers fiddled. You raised a brow, "Shoot." He imitated an inhale and said, "What was your...guardian like? Your dad?" He sounded unsure of himself. You went wide-eyed. Not a question you expected. Especially from Sundrop. You cleared your throat.

"Well," you started, "he was kind to everyone he met. He taught me a lot, especially robotics, engineering, computer science, and other things. He loved doing anything that had something to do with technology." You laughed toward the end.

"I got a job here because of him," you mused, "My boss and he were buddies in college and when he worked here. Mom used to swear they had a love affair with how often they hung out. She used to joke about it, and dad would always be embarrassed." Sun looked at you with some specific kind of concern. You really loved your dad and cherished what he'd given to you. You laughed softly and looked away, "Sorry, I didn't mean to ramble too much." Sun forced a calm smile and hugged you a little tight, but that was just how he hugged people.

"We wish we got to meet him." He whispered. The Daycare doors opened. "The kids are here." A worker yelled before leaving. You stood stiff and silent. You wanted to cry, but you couldn't. You weren't expecting that response. You felt him unravel his arms and skip off toward the kids. You blink a few times before wrapping your arms around you.

"I made you because an old friend asked me to."

_____

You sighed loudly and heavily as you trudged down to Parts and Service. You had paperwork to file, and Sun could handle the last few kiddies. "You look like shit, (Y/N)." You looked up. Loren was pulling her keys out of her purse. "Hi to you too." You answered, and she chuckled lightly. "The boys stressing you out that much?" She asked. She looked amused but also concerned with how you looked. You did look like said shit. "Human children." You answered. She snorted and burst out laughing. Your tone made it sound as if you hated them. "Oof, humans aren't as self-serving as animatronics, hon. I'm sure you took that well when you had to clean up after them." She made her way towards the stairs to leave. You flopped down in your chair. "You have no idea." You breathed out. She smiled softly.