CHAPTER 42

Valerie's POV

This must be one of his girlfriends and probably one of the girls he would ask to become his sex partner.

She looks like a model with her long legs and curvy shape. I am curvy too and I have long legs as well but her outfit beats mine, reminding me of how I haven't been taking advantage of being a billionaire's wife.

Her jewelry is from one of the top stores in New York and her handbag is a designer's handbag.

I totally forgot all about Fred until he clears his throat to get my attention. I was shocked to see him, but not as shocked as seeing him with a different girl yet again.

I keep expecting to see him with Brenda now and then. I keep wishing desperately for the assurance that those two are making my breakup worthwhile by being together but from the look of things, they aren't.

It's either Brenda has already dumped his silly ass or he never loved her the way he loved me.

Frankly, I felt that emotion again. That pain always strikes my heart, making me feel like something died inside of me whenever I see his face ever since he betrayed me.

I thought I was doing a great job at forgetting all about him. Well, I am. I haven't thought of him in a while. I am no longer comparing him with Ryan but it suddenly dawns on me right now that I haven't gotten over him fully.

Ryan is right. He comes to my head whenever he appears in my sight. Everything keeps coming back even when I try hard not to let them come.

Fred has always been a thorn in my flesh and right now, it is so difficult to shred that flesh off my skin.

Staring at him now reminds me of a lot of things that we have done together. He looks leaner than the last time we met. His eyes aren't as bright as they used to be and I wonder what is going on in his life.

I am not supposed to care. I shouldn't care. But on second thought, I feel like knowing what is going on in his life will give me the right to smile or laugh.

Is he happy? Is he sad?

He doesn't deserve to be happy after what he did to me. I can't help but wish him anything but sadness. I don't want him to ever find me in another woman, not even in this goddess standing before me.

Wait!

Does Ryan know her? How?

I turn to Ryan and he is still looking bewildered, his expression unwavering.

Where do they know each other from?

When I lift my head to gaze at her smiling face, it feels familiar for no reason. I am so sure I have never seen her before. I am so sure I don't know her but I have no idea why she looks familiar.

"Celina?" Ryan jerks upright and demands again as if to be sure this isn't a dream or an imagination.