CHAPTER 6

A MONTH LATER

Valerie's POV

Life is about turning on different roads and choosing to either face the rock of reality or not.

This is reality.

That was the word I wrote down in the dressing room before coming out here to face my reality.

This isn't what I have always dreamt of. This is the opposite of what I want for myself and my future.

I am a strong believer in love, probably because I have experienced love in beautiful souls. I never believed in getting married out of love but here I am doing that one thing I never believed in or never knew existed.

Dazed, I let the sound of applause get drowned in my head as I approach the arbor where the groom of the day is awaiting me.

His name is Ryan and I am going to be his bride today. Not because we love each other but for different reasons and goals.

I want my father to be back on his feet. I want him to return to that confident, strong man he used to be and I also want my revenge on Fred and Brenda.

I am not doing this because I want our financial status to go back to the way it used to be but I guess wanting to help my father recover his business will lead to that which is why my mother is all smiles.

I do not believe that money solves it all.

For Fred and Brenda, this is just the beginning. I am going to make sure that they come begging me with their knees, seeking my forgiveness.

What other life would a woman want other than being married to a billionaire? Not just a billionaire, but the youngest billionaire in the city?

This is my revenge tactic. 

Fred would be shocked. Brenda would be caught unawares and I will make sure to make their life a living hell.

The thought of my revenge alone makes me giddy with excitement. It makes me happier than the fact that my father would be happy to have his business back and become partners with the Lorenzos.

I might be lost in my thoughts but I am alert. My eyes are interlocked with Ryan's as I carefully step toward him.

Ever since the date, Ryan and I haven't met and I am sure he will be so surprised to see my real face and that is if he hasn't gone on social media out of curiosity to check me out.

I almost laugh out loud.

I might be getting married to him but I feel like a genius and a boss.

There are two bosses on a ship. I won't let him order me around like some illiterate woman.