CHAPTER 36

Valerie's POV

Yawning and stretching, my left hand touches the space beside me and I open my eyes to see that Ryan is gone.

He was here all through the night and he slept soundly. 

He must have gone to work.

Suddenly, my stomach rumbles loudly and I groan and get up. My shoulder still hurts a lot and I guess I am this hungry because of the medicines from last night.

I wear the flip-flop beside the bed and move out of the room, still yawning loudly without any care in the world.

Last night, I felt like hell. But today, I feel a lot better even though the pain is very much in existence.

However, I have decided not to think too deeply about what transpired last night. I figured out that thinking about it was what made me have that dream. 

A dream is a figment of imagination as a result of human thoughts. This is my dad's definition of a dream.

There is absolutely no use thinking about it when the deed has been done already. He is just a mere robber who wanted to rob me of my possessions, nothing more.

He is nowhere close to being Fred or Brenda or even that other lady.

I take the staircase down slowly to the dining room to see if there is breakfast. With my stomach still rumbling and groaning, I find Catherina placing the food on the table right on time.

I usually eat downstairs. 

I have never eaten breakfast with Ryan at this table. We have had dinner twice, though. Being alone at this table has been a usual thing.

"Good morning."

"Please dish it out, Cat. I'm famished", I drag out a seat and flop into it.

I wince.

I don't know why I keep forgetting the fact that I got hurt. 

Breakfast is toast bread, omelet, sunny side up, baked beans, and fruit juice.

At the sight of the food again, my stomach growls louder than ever before and Catherine smiles at me.

I almost laugh but I manage to roll my eyes at her.

The moment she keeps the tray in front of me, I dig into it. I ate the two toast bread first and asks her to leave the ones in the other place because I am not ok yet.

She leaves the dining table with a smile while I continue to eat.

Today's fruit juice is different. I take a sip and another and another.

Why am I not getting filled up?