Chapter 1 - Legend of the Flower Demon

Once upon a time, there was a little peaceful village in Northern Liang. It was nestled in a serene valley with lush forests teeming with wildlife and rich fertile soil. The place was perfect for raising families and growing crops. The village was made up mostly of farmers and hunters who provided meat from hunting wild game in the surrounding forest.

One day, the peace was shattered by a demon. The vile creature appeared out of nowhere to descend upon the villagers. It had taken on the form of a beautiful maiden but she could not deceive them. Her red bloodshot eyes, needle like teeth and long sharp nails gave her away. The jarring scary features on a sweet face and demonic aura emanating from a lovely human figure made her all the more frightening.

The demon made outrages requests and when the villagers could not satisfy her demands, she went on a rampage. She terrorized the children and farmers' wives. The farmers and hunters were no match for her. Using demonic magic, she made all their crops wither and scared away most of the game in the nearby forest. Their supply of meat was also tainted and spoiled so that it was inedible.

For months, the malicious demon tortured and made the poor villagers suffer. Cursed by a demonic spell, they were unable to leave. Desperate and almost starving, the village head begged a passing Taoist demon hunter for help.

Demon hunter Lin was young but powerful. Using his training and skills, Lin searched for the demon by following her trail of demon dust. When he finally caught up with her, he fought long and hard before defeating her. Casting a spell and some wards, he managed to make her temporarily powerless and immobile. However Lin had one problem. Since he was such a successful demon hunter, all his demon gourds were full, so he had nowhere to hold her. When the Head villager had asked him for help, he was actually on his way back to his Sect to report and dispose of his full gourds.

His famous Sect helped rid the world of evil and troublesome demons. Once captured, they would reform the demons failing which the creatures would be executed so that they would not cause anymore mischief in the world. The successfully reformed demons were released back into the world with a warning. After all, the balance of mankind and nature had to be kept.

The evil demon was beautiful indeed. With long silky hair the colour of the darkest night, pale flawless skin and red cherry lips, she was a sight to behold. She lay helpless on the ground, her soft pastel robes did nothing to hide her shapely womanly figure. Somehow the vile creature had managed to conceal her more demonic features. The girl on the ground was the epitome of a maiden in distress.

"Please, please great demon hunter. Have mercy! You are mistaken. I am not evil!" she cried. "I'm only a helpless flower demon!"

"Do not lie, demon! I've seen the damage you've done to the villager's fields and their rotting food stock. Now they have nothing for the coming winter! Do you deny your actions?"

"I admit I did do those things but ..."

"Hah! I thought so! What about the children and women? Those poor souls are so scared and exhausted. You frighten them so much that they can't even sleep at night!"

"Please, you are mistaken! I only scared them to keep them away!"

"Keep them away? What nonsense."

"It's true!"

"Enough! You plead innocence yet made such mischief for the villagers here! Do you think your beguiling face and figure will fool me? You shall be captured and reformed!"