Chapter 13- You're Under Arrest or Dead

Jackson had left the hospital with zero sleep. He made sure Josie was up and was there for him. He went right to the crime scene of where Jade had shot Hope. In the back of Jackson's head, he felt that there was danger near by. He walked around with his gun out and made sure to make sure nothing was lurking around.

After a few hours, Jackson was beginning to get very tired. He took his phone out and saw it was 11am. He walked back to the entrance of the house and saw a shadow run from pole to pole. "What the fuck," Jackson had said out loud.

Jackson blinked and everything seemed the same, so he thought it was just his imagination. He heard a creek coming from behind him, he turned around and pointed the gun to where the noise was. Landon had his hands up and was immediately scared.

"Put the gun down dude, it's just me," Landon said and Jackson slowly put the gun down. He sighed a relief and sat down on a nearby bench. "Everything good Jackson?" Landon asked.

"Everything's fine, except for the fact that Jade had shot my best detective." Jackson was looking around the whole room and analyzing. "You made sure that Jade was arrested, right?" Landon nodded at the question.

"So Jade's arrested so now who's out there and targeting Hope?" Landon shrugged and sat by Jackson. Landon took out a knife and stabbed Jackson in the leg.

"I suppose it was me." Jackson groaned out in pain, Landon smiled a bit. "Hope was supposed to die in that surgery."

Jackson had dropped his gun, Landon kicked it away, and Jackson fell to the floor. "So Jackson, what are you going to do now? You're stuck. You've got nowhere to run now."

Jackson pulled the knife out of his leg and threw it right into Landon stomach. Landon bent down and held his stomach. Jackson crawled over to his gun but somebody stepped on his hand. Jackson groaned in pain once more, he looked up and saw Jade standing above him.

"Great plan Landon, way to keep the knife in his leg dumbass" Jade shook her head and picked up the gun. Jade pointed the gun at Landon and shot him. Landon was now dead.

"Now Jackson, let's work this out." Jackson shook his head at Jade. "I'm not working with you." Jackson's leg was beginning to stop bleeding a tiny bit.

Jade stepped off of Jackson's hand and Jackson quickly brought it back to his body and held his hand. It was definitely broken but he was fine with that, it could've been worse.

"Get up." Jackson did as told and Jade smiled at him. Jade turned around to find a chair to use and Jackson quickly but quietly got out a throwing knife. This was his lucky throwing knife, it helped him with all cases when he was in trouble like this.

Jade turned back around and Jackson hid his knife. Jade placed the chair down and motioned for Jackson to sit on it. He sat on the chair and she started to tie him onto the chair. There was a knock on the door, Jade was irritated by the knock and ignored it at first.

After the knocking went on for several minutes, Jade went over and opened it. There was nobody there. She turned around and saw Jackson and Josie standing next to each other. Jackson had his throwing knife on him and Josie had a gun. They quickly swapped weapons and Jade smirked.

"So look at this little shoot out." Jade's smirk widened a little more into a creepy smile. Josie was creeped out by this, but didn't show it.

"The only one who'll be winning in me," Jackson said and Jade laughed at him.

"You're an amazing liar Jackson." Jackson looked behind Jade and saw Hope, who should actually be in a hospital bed.

"I did what I had to do, Hope isn't dead so now I gotta kill you both to get to her." Jade's plan was going up in flames.

"Or you could just turn around," Jackson said as Hope was getting ready to pull the trigger. Jade turned around in confusion and Hope shot Jade right in the center of the forehead. Jade fell to the ground and Jackson smiled at Hope.

Josie and Hope hugged and Jackson walked over to Landon's body. Jackson grabbed Landon's gun and also grabbed Landon's knife. He walked away and picked up his gun from Jade. He gave Josie's gun back to Josie.

Jackson picked up his phone and called the police to come over and look at the crime scene. The cops arrived quickly as ever and the ambulance took Josie and Hope back to the hospital. Jackson declined the help from the doctors and stayed on the crime scene to file a report.

The cops took the report and the other ambulances took Landon's and Jade's body to the morgue. Mystic Falls was now a better place. Jackson met up with Hope and Josie in the hospital and he patched himself up. Hope and Josie were both asleep and Jackson once again stayed and kept guard in case the case wasn't entirely closed.

Everyone was safe and sound after a few months of recovering and so forth. Josie moved in with Hope in New Orleans. Jackson had finally found a woman who makes him happy. They all live happily ever after, the end.

Author's Note: I hope you guys enjoyed this book. This is the ending to the book. I'm not writing in it anymore. I also have another book that's out. It's called "You're Mine" and I'm sure you guys will like it on some sort of degree. Thanks for all the support on this book. Enjoy your day and all the other books that you'll read. Peace out ✌🏼