Chapter Nineteen

"Where are we?" I ask mum as we step out of the car.

Mum doesn't answer me and I sigh as I drag myself out of the car. It wasn't that long of a car ride but it made me extremely tired either way.
I look around at the buildings in front of me but don't recognise anything. Mum walks towards the hotel and I follow her carrying my overnight bag.

"Mum, where are we?" I ask her again.

"We're going to visit a friend of mine. I think its really important that you talk to her." She explains to me as she checks in.

"Is your friend a therapist?" I follow her to our rooms.

She laughs at me and shoves my key in my hand. "She's not a therapist but she really wants to meet you."

"Fine, when?"

"Tomorrow."

I nod my head and walk into my room. As soon as i get in there i throw myself on the bed and pull out my phone. I see about three missed calls and twelve texts from Ezra. I sigh and call his number.

"Tonoya? Hi." He answers after three rings.

"Why are you calling me?"

"I miss you."

"You saw me at school."

"I miss your voice. You don't answer my messages and you haven't spoken to me in three days. I need you to talk to me."

"Ezra just stop-"

"I know you want your space and I'm sorry, but I just missed talking to you. So did Isaac but he's too afraid to call you, says he doesn't want to upset you."

"I missed you guys too."

"A girl asked me out today."

I bite my lip in thought before replying. "Is she pretty?"

"Beautiful." He muses and I sigh, holding the phone tight.

"When's the date?"

"I said no."

"Oh...why?"

"She's not you. You're perfect."

I almost snort at that because I am far from perfect and he knows it. I don't even know what I want from him or myself. It does, however, sound nice coming from him but I don't want him to be stuck pining after me when I'm not sure how long it's going to take to find myself.

"I think you should go out with her." I say.

There's a long pause and I move the phone from my ear to check if it's been disconnected. "Ezra?"

"Sorry I just thought you were telling me to go on a date with someone else."

"I am."

"Shut up. I'm not doing that Tonoya."

I roll my eyes. "I'm telling you to."

"You've lost your mind, haven't you?"

"No I have not."

"No you have if you think I'm going on a date with another girl. Do you not listen to a word that comes out of my mouth? I like you, no one else. You. Tonoya Johnson."

"I know you think that Ezra-"

"No, I KNOW that."

"Just go on the date."

The phone hangs up and I sigh before sitting up in the bed. I scroll through my instagram watching a story of some random girl from my school.

The story is of her and her group of girl friends all in their pyjamas playing truth or dare. I've never spoken to this girl before but a pang of jealousy runs through me.

I've never had a group of girl friends before and whilst Ezra and Isaac are nice, I just don't think I connect to them like I would a group of girls.

I put my phone in my pocket and leave my room on the hunt for some food. As I'm waking towards the restaurant that is in the hotel I bump into a redhead girl.

I immediately look down at my feet and begin apologising profusely. "I am so sorry."

"No problem." She says. "What's you're name? I don't think I've seen you before and I make sure to know everyone that comes into my hotel."

"Tonoya." I look up and raise an eyebrow at her. "Your hotel?"

"Well my moms run it together so I like to think we own it." She smiles at me. "I'm Charlie."