Chapter 93: In The Bus

Max's pov

The bell finally rang after the teacher announce more rules and stuff about the trip. It was quite boring because we already know all of them but they ought to tell us anyway. We walked outside towards the buses.

"we're definitely not going to sit in the front seats" Dustin said right before we got in the bus. "what? That's impossible, everyone will sprint to get those seats" I said. "No, max gets dizzy in the back seats" el said.

"wait, she is? Why didn't you just tell us" lucas asked. "just a little, I can handle it, I just have a headache after that's it" I said. "no we're sitting somewhere else then" maddie said. "hey, really it's okay, you can just sit in the back seats, El and I will be in the middle" I said. We've already talked about this with el. I asked what she prefers but she doesn't mind.

"okay.. Are you sure?" Dustin asked. "yeah don't worry about it" I said. Everyone ran into the bus to get the seats they wanted. El and I sat somewhere in the middle to front.

"Wanna listen to some music?" I asked el. She smiled. "yeah sure" she said smiling. I brought my earphones with me and shared it with el. I was looking out of the window when I felt el holding my hand. I smiled to myself. She then put her head on my shoulder.

We just sat there, listening to music, holding hands, peacefully enjoying each other's company without talking.

Mike's pov

Maddie and I sat together. I was kind of nervous to be honest. I mean, my crush is literally sitting next to me. We started talking about random stuff. Then there was silence for like a minute.

It was awkward because I really wanted to talk to her but I didn't know what else to say. I don't know if it makes sense. I want talk to her all day but I don't know how to communicate without being awkward or nervous.

"I've got a weird question" maddie suddenly said breaking the silence. "go ahead" I said slightly smiling, glad she talked. "Do you still have feelings for will?" she asked.

I frowned. "no? Why are you asking?" I asked confused. "Just curious" she said.  "did I do something that made you feel bad?" I asked. "no, nothing at all, you were just so over protective over will when matt cheated on him and I just thought you still have feelings for him sorry I shouldn't have asked-" she said feeling bad at the end

"Don't apologise, I'm over will. I no longer have feelings for him, he's a pretty close friend and I got mad when they happened but I don't have feelings for him anymore" I said. I was nervous. Was that the perfect time to tell her? To confess my feelings for her?

"but..do you have feelings for.. Someone else?" she slowly asked. I gulped. I was so nervous, my heart was beating fast. "well-" I started but Dustin cut us off. Dustin and will were sitting behind us.

I wanted to hit him for ruining our moment but at the same time I wanted to thank him because I found it really difficult and hard to confess my feelings for maddie.

"Do you have a gum?" Dustin asked. I rolled my eyes. "You've ate all of them!" I said. "Come on, one more I promise" Dustin said. I sighed and reached for my bag. "thanks" he said smiling. I nodded.

Will's pov

Matt was sitting next to us. In the other seats with his class. He was sitting with his girlfriend... I hated it.. A lot. He's still with her after everything? It could have been me.

I felt him staring at me sometimes but I avoided his eyes. Suddenly I saw him standing. I was looking out of the window thinking about everything and stuff. Then Dustin stood up. Matt has whispered something in his ear.

"what no?!" I heard Dustin saying. "Please, just for 5 minutes, it won't take long" I heard matt telling Dustin. Dustin looked at me. I didn't say anything. "I don't want to talk" I said. "see?!" Dustin said. "Just for a little I promise" he said.

"I said no, what is it that you don't understand matt?" I said. He stared at me sadly. "will.. Come on" he quietly said. I pulled him down by his shirt gently. He looked at me confused.

"why would you come sit next to me to talk? Won't people think you're a fag because you're sitting next to me? Aren't you embarrassed and afraid that your parents will somehow find out? Weren't we a secret?" I quietly told him. His face was red.

"go back to your girlfriend" I said letting him go. "Matt! Sit down, it's not safe" I heard a random teacher yelling at matt for standing up for too long in the bus. "you heard her" I said.

"I-we're not together anymore, just let me explain-" he said but got cut off again. "Matt!" the teacher yelled. Matt just stared at me and then went back to his seat. Dustin came back next to me. He sat next to matt's girlfriend as matt was talking to me standing.

"I'm sorry, I tried to push him away" Dustin said. "no, don't worry about it, thanks" I said smiling. He smiled back. "now, how about.. I show you my favourite comics my mom bought me yesterday?!" Dustin excitedly said."sure, show me" I said smiling. He always lights up my mood.

941 words. To be continued!!!
Hi!!