Chapter 69: Mike& Maddie&El

(a/n: I don't know how you imagined how maddie looks likes so I don't think I'll put a random pic of a girl)

El's pov

I was still at Steve's and Robin's apartment. Steve woke up. "uhh what the hell happened and why is everyone here?" he asked sleepy. His hair was all messy.

We all looked at each other. "woah, why are you crying el" he said as he protectively walked over to me and sat down next to me.

"uhh you might have missed a few episodes" Robin said. Steve was so confused. I don't blame him. Nancy told Steve everything that had happened. (a/n: I won't write what happened again in short words)

Steve was speechless. Joyce left to follow max. She obviously didn't want to leave max on her own, I was with Steve, Robin and Nancy anyway.

"Why the hell did I do that! That was so pointless and for what?" I said as I covered my eyes with my hands in embarrassment and felt guilty. I wanted her back.

"i think it's best you wait a bit, give her time and then you'll talk about it calmy because both of you are overwhelmed and can't think properly which is reasonable. The sure thing is that max doesn't hate you. I don't know why do you keep saying that el" Nancy said.

"I don't know... I just feel bad. But I want her back and what I did was stupid" I admitted.
"i mean yeah" Steve said. "Steve! You're not helping" Robin said. "it's fine, he's right" I said. "sorry" Steve mumbled.

A few hours later the bell rang. Steve opened the door. It was the boys. What are they doing here? I then checked the time and it was after school so they came here.

"hi" they greeted us. "hey" we all said. "are you okay?" Mike asked. I nodded. I wasn't. Maddie was here too. "Where's max?" Dustin asks. "She left" Robin simply said.

They all looked at each other. "I tried to talk to her but she's still mad" I said.

"I think one of us should go with her" will said. "No will, I have to" I said. "Just give her time el" Robin said. I looked at her. I was disappointed but I knew she was right.

"alright! I have an idea" maddie smiling said. We all looked at her waiting for her to continue. "we should go buy something for her as a sorry gift" she suggested. "yeah.." I said. "she's still mad though" I said.

"It doesn't matter! This might fix it, trust me it works" Steve said looking at Nancy with a smirk. "Well yeah when we used to date"  Nancy said rolling her eyes. Steve just laughed. I noticed Robin. She looked upset? Jealous?

I couldn't really tell. She noticed me looking at her and gulped nervously. I knew something was up. I thought I would ask her later.

"alright who wants to join us?" maddie asked breaking the awkward silence after Steve's and Nancy's comments. "I will!" Mike said almost immediately. Will and Mike shared a look. "Uh, matt and I will go home to do homework, good luck with max el! I'm sure she will forgive you" will said giving me a warm smile.

I smiled back. "thank you" I said. "alright good luck" Robin said faking a smile.Her mood changed for some reason.

Mike, maddie and I left. Lucas and Dustin decided to go home leaving the older teens alone.

*later at the mall*

We looked around at the mall. I didn't know what to get. "What does she love?" maddie asked as we were losing hope on what to get her. "She loves skating, music-" I said as I paused.

"I'll get her a skateboard and a tape!" I said like I had an excellent idea. "oh my god yes! She would love to" Mike said smiling matching my energy. Maddie smiled. She didn't really know max so it's reasonable of her not to know what her interests are.

"And definitely flowers, that's like the 1st rule" Mike said with a serious look. "ohh I see Michael is a gentleman" maddie jokingly said smirking at him. I noticed Mike blushing slightly. Woah, what's going on there?

"of course I am" Mike said playing along with a smirk. Honestly if Mike was with someone other than will it wouldn't bother me to be with maddie. She is a great girl.

I just stood there awkwardly waiting for whatever flirty had been going on. They just stared at each other for a second, blushing lightly. I cleared my throat. "Alright um, let's go buy a skateboard, I've got money hopper gave me" I said breaking the awkward silence when I desperately wanted to get out of.

"yep you're right" they both said. Suddenly nervous. Yep, I see what's going on. Maybe I'm wrong I don't know. We walked to a store. We bought a skateboard.

We then went to buy the tapes. We got on our bikes to leave. Madfie and Mike came together so we got two bikes. Maddie got on Mike's and I was on my own. I didn't midn at all. I wish I was with max. She was in my mind all the time.

Plus I wanted to see Mike happy. I mean, I think he was? I noticed him blushing today around maddie so what else would it be? Maddie had her arms around Mike's weist to hold on.

'not to fall off the bike' but we all know they liked that. They were both blushing lightly during the ride to the florist store.

We arrived at the florist. Mike walked in there to get the flowers, since it would be weird of me to. We bought a bouquet of flowers.

"okay young man, there you go" the lady said passing the flowers to Mike. "Thank you" he said. "Who are those for? For one of those girls?" the lady said smiling. We all froze a little

"oh um, uh-" he stuttered looking at us. I looked at Mike then at maddie to give him the hint. "uh, for her" Mike said looking at maddie. She blushed. "aww that's so cute" the lady said. She was kind.

It was quiet when we left the store. Obviously from what just happened. "thanks for the cover up" I thanked Mike. Not that we would tell the truth anyway. "yeah no problem-of course" Mike nervously said.

"wanna go to my houser? Since you wanted to do something on the board?" Mike asked. We nodded.

*later*

We arrived at Mike's house. I grabbed a paper and wrote something on it. 'forgive me?' I wrote on a purple coloured paper. I wanted to stick it on the back of the skateboard with tape so it would easily come off. I didn't want to ruin the perfect design the skateboard had on.

1160 words. To be continued!!
I apologise to byler stans but we had to do something🤷‍♀️You can freely hate me😀