Chapter 13

(Delilah's P.O.V.)

The wind whipped through my hair as I held onto the dragon beneath me. When you are flying it feels like you are free. Like you're away from laws. But to think about it, you are. You are in the clouds going further than planes.

I laughed out loud and threw my arms in the air letting out a long WOOOOOOHOOOOOO" as the dragon did some more quick swirls and turns. My mother used to call me a wild child. There was no taming me. They asked me when I was 3 what I wanted to be when I grew up and I said a crocodile wrestler (true story).

I smiled as I could see a house in view. It seemed like I was supposed to be. I got off him and started sliding down, but right before my feet but the ground I woke up. I took in a deep breath. I felt the cold air surrounding me. I have been having this for a week know.

I wake up outside. The dreams make it all feel so real. Make my wishes come true. Yet when I wake up I get pulled into a cold reality. My mark is bothering me. It hurts every once-in-awhile. I sigh and walk back to James' house.

He is already up and sitting on the couch. I hang my head in shame as I sit next to him on the cushions. He doesn't speak- he doesn't need to anyway. I was born different and I will always be different maybe that's why i just can't keep my mouth shut.

"What happened to your mate? Tell me the truth. No lies. What happened?" I asked James. I could hear him take a shaky breath. "She got killed. In front of me." He snapped out. It didn't scare me. Didn't even make me flinch.

"What is it like to not be with your mate?" I asked him. I wondered what it was like to the dragon. James seems to know something I don't. Yet he won't tell me. I could see his eyes getting covered with unshed tears.

I frowned and wrapped my arms around- almost fully around him. He started sobbing. Never in a million years would I have thought I would see this. My heart breaked for him. "You remind me of her, so much." He choked out. My heart clenched at how broken he sounded.

I just nodded, leaning in. James said Atticus will be back when he feels he has "control". Whatever that is supposed to mean. I know he is still there though, it's like your wired to notice. Your heart lights up and huge swarms of bees fill up your stomach. He is usually gone as fast as he came, but it is still nice to know he is watching over me.

I ran the thoughts of James' life. Is that what mates can do to you? This type of magic that entrances you into love at first sight. James doesn't want me to go outside. He says there are dangerous creatures. I think he forgot. I was raised by dragons.

I notice James fell asleep, his breathing turning even. I sighed and got up, grabbed a coat, and went outside. I smiled as the crisp air, that still lingered, filled my lungs. I walked to a lake I knew best. I starred at the water pushing its way past the others. Greedy little bastards. I smiled a little at that thought and layed down. At some point, I fell asleep.

I woke up to a huge dragon head next to my face. This wasn't a random dragon though. This was Atticus, this was my mate.

I will update more later. I am so happy to be ungrounded! It means so much to me how much support you have given. I hope you liked the chapter. Please vote or comment, thanks!