Chapter 5

(Atticus's P.O.V.)

        I woke up curled in a ball and it felt pretty good. I smiled a little noticing i was in dragon form. I always feel free in this form. Laying my head down i noticed something i was curling up with. I moved my head down so i could see better. Wait whats my mate doing here? I tried to remember the events but i couldnt she was sleeping but her face was tear stained. I suddenly got mad.

       Whoever did this to her is gunna pay, i swear im gunna-. I cut myself off mid though when i remembered, i did this. I put my head down ashamed. How could i do something like this? I could have hurt her....

        The thought of this made me want to run away from her so she cant be hurt. What if i did! I smelt the air around her but didnt smell any blood. I let out a huff of relief. Maybe i dont deserve her. I mind linked my father. I needed someone to talk to.

         I shifted back and checked on her once more before covering her up with a blanket, then i took a shower. After i was done my father was here. When he got here we both just nodded at eachother. I got down to the point fast.

           "I found my mate....she is human." i could already tell my dad wasnt fond with that idea. "I-i almost hurt her dad. She just got me angry and one thing led to another...i-i just i cant do this....." i told him honestly. I couldn't stand it if i hurt her.

           "Humans and dragon dont mix...it just shouldn't be that way....maybe i could find another she-dragon, and make sure Delilah stays safe...but..she isnt safe with me. Im a monster, i kill things!" i said. The thought of her not with me gad me mad and i wanted to destroy everthing, turn into what i am. But maybe its for the best.

Suddenly i heared a soft and tired voice wisper out. "Is that what you really think of me? You know what, maybe you should go find another she-dragon, atleast you can find love there. I understand dragons, how they get angry but if you can give me up that quick......please just...take me back home." the voice sounded so heart broken and hurt.

          No! She wasnt supposed to hear that, i thought she was sleeping and i just needed to tell someone this...its not true. Mostly i know i can hurt her and she may be better off without me but i wont let her! She is still mine!

           My dad looked supprised and gave me a sympathetic glance. Son she wants to go home. I heard my fathers voice through the mind link. "No! You cant leave! I-i wont let you! We are- WE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE TOGETHER! WE ARE MATES! YOUR SUPPOSED TO AND YOUR GOING TO LOVE ME. I DONT CARE HOW LONG IT TAKES!" i yell as loud as i can staring deeply at her. I hear her gasp a little and watch as she covers her mouth and races back into one of the rooms.

          I sigh and lean back into a chair. I cant believe i just did that, she probably hates me. I would hate me im a monster, and nobody loves a monster. I asked my father normal questions about how my mother is doing and him...ect. Soon he had to leave. I said goodbye.

          I sat on the couch putting my head in my hands, my geart felt like it was bing run over by a train that has spikes all over. I could hear her crying. I could feel myself start to get mad again but pushed it down. I dont deserve her....shes to fragile for a creature like me....like beauty and the beast except this isnt a curse.

           This is who i am.

            I promise next chapter will be Delilah's P.O.V. i realized i havnt done hers in awhile so have a great day/night and hope you enjoyed!