Chapter 10

(Delilah's P.O.V.)

1 week since i heared they were gone. My heart hurts to know they are gone but i am happy that my mate was here. He supported me and helped me. Cheered me up and made me laugh. He let me visit James. Today i am going to my parents house. One thing a lot of people don't know about me is that i used to have a sister.

When we were 7 years old we were playing hide and go seek in the woods. I counted and she hid. I heard her scream but it was to late. She was torn apart as if from rage. But she never made anyone mad. She was calm, peaceful, and beautiful. I dont remember much of her but from the pictures i have seen she was so much like me. She is the one who introduced me to dragons. And a dragon took her away from me.

That is the danger of dealing with dragons. They can snap and get angry easily. She must have crossed an angry ones path and they decided to take it out on her. I am in the car right know, Atticus is driving. I looked over at him and smiled. Over these past few days i have came to a conclusion i never thought i would ever come up with. I love him.

"What are you smiling at?" he looked over at me flashing me a big white smile. I dont know when i should tell him. I want it to be special. Romantic, like under the stars on a tree branch. I just shook my head "nothing.." i kept thinking of different places and ways.

"Here we are. Home sweet home." he said pulling into my old houses driveway. I never gotto say goodbye. But i cant keep being sad, they wouldnt want me to. They would want me to live a life of happiness.

I got out of the car, and i still smiled. My sister told me that if you stay in the dark past you wont get to see a bright future. I remembered that we have a lake not to far from here. That would be perfect.

. . . . . .

I got all the things i needed. We don't have any neighbors luckily. People knew dragons existed but most hated them. I was in love with one. At that thought i burst out laughing. Okay i might be a pretty bad secret keeper. Atticus looked over at me like i was insane.

He shook his head and started getting in the car. "Wait!" i pratically yelled at him even though i was almost right next to him. "I need to show you something. Follow me!" i said then took off runni,g to the direction i remembered the lake in. I could here him get out of the car and close the door then fast footsteps after me. I reached the lake and leaned down, panting and trying to get air. I looked back to see Atticus walking. He wasnt even trying.

I glared at him and he laughed. I looked around before finding a perfect branch. I smiled before starting to climb up. "Whoa, whoa. What the hell do you think you are doing?!" Atticus freaked out and ran over. "Climbing a tree." i saod as if it was the most obvious thing.

"Why? You could fall and gethurt, get a concussion, or die. You could die from blood loss. You could get paralyzed. You could break a bone. You could get sick..." he goes on for awhile about this stuff. "And then that could cause you to possibly get cancer." he finally finished. That took about a half hour of my life i will never get back.

Finally after some negotiations we were both sitting on the highest branch staring at the stars. "How did you do it?" i asked still amazed. He looked confused. "Did what?" he asked looking at me witha raised eyebrow.

"How did you make me love you?" i said staring strait into his eyes. I could see he was taken by surprise. A smirk slipped onto his face. "Well i am incredibly hot and i have an 8 pack with a V line. And-" i cut him off, my face probably beat red.

He laughed and then jusy shruhged pulling me closer. "I dont know how i did it. If i did i would have done it the moment i met you. I love you too and i would and will not ever let anyone hurt you." he said leaning his chin on my head. Since he decided to ruin my moment i will ruin his.

"And would you beat them up with your incredibly hot looks, 8 pack, and V line?" i asked sarcastically. "Yes, any day and any time." i laughed and leaned closer. Soon i felt my eyes drifting closed and him picking me up. Probably to go to the car. I didnt care any more though. All i cared about was that he was here, with him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Not edited! Hope you enjoyed though. Please vote or/and comment it would mean a lot.