Alternate Ending

Yep. You read that right.

"The Princess has escaped! Find her!" Garmadon's voice boomed across the rooftop, deep and filled with dark intent once he caught sight of the empty cage.

Purple flames of energy engulfed his hands, his anger directed at the metal cage before a shot of power disintegrated it into pieces. A rain of iron filled the skies and the Sons of Garmadon surrounding him jumped, a shiver climbing up their spines at the face of his wrath and the purple blood that had covered him from head to toe.

The resistance should have known better than to make him face an Oni.

It was the distant high-pitched scream that caught everyone's attention.

Ultra Violet was on the move, running as fast as her feet could carry her to the edge of the building. "There! On the elevator!" She yelled, pointing a finger at the couple laying on the surface.

A sick feeling ran to her gut, the urge to vomit became stronger the more she watched their disgusting displays of affection. She should've known it was only a matter of time before the Princess succumbed to the Green Ninja.

"What are you waiting for? Get them!" Garmadon urged, his hand still lit by the flames of destruction, ready to disintegrate anyone who dared to disobey his command.

The blood trailed down his cheek and the man furiously wiped it away with the back of his hand. He spat out his own as the Sons of Garmadon sprinted out of his way and down the stairs.

Useless halfwits.

"We need to move." Lloyd declared with wide eyes, already on his feet to lift the elevator hatch and landed inside with a soft thud against the metal flooring.

Harumi followed behind him, picking out the bits of metal that had stuck themselves onto her hair as Lloyd furiously pressed the button that would take them to the ground floor. Stupid cage. She thought to herself after she found one that had caught between two strands.

Her eyes drifted back to Lloyd when the boy had leaned against the railing on the left. "What are you doing? We have to go back out there and face him!" It wasn't everyday anyone saw the Green Ninja running away from a fight.

But the way Harumi saw it, Lloyd never did anything without a reason. Every decision was calculated, every move was planned. They were a lot alike than most people thought, and perhaps that was a good thing.

Lloyd met her eyes and yet, he couldn't see a trace of fear. Only the spark of determination that had lit up inside. "I'm getting you to safety. I've already lost you once, I'm not taking that risk again. Not as long as I can help it."

He didn't mean to belittle her or treat her like she was incapable—if anything, she was more than capable of accomplishing anything she placed her mind to, that much he knew—but with lives at stake and the thought of having her in his father's clutches once more sent a rush of panic through his veins.

Lloyd dismissed it with a roll of his shoulder before he winced when he realized there was still that cut from Ultra Violet on his arm. He simply shut his eyes, waiting for Harumi to finally say what was on her mind.

"I'm not some damsel in distress!" She shot back, the spark of determination had turned into anger, hurt. How dare he treat her like she was nothing? How dare he say that she was not capable. "Or must I remind you what I can do?"

The dagger she used to escape was still in her grip, blade ready to pierce through anyone she pointed it at. And if Harumi had to kill every single mercenary that came their way just to prove her skills then so be it.