6

JIMIN POV

I smiled every time I saw him looking down at the ring I had placed on his finger.

Granted, it was a wedding ring and we were using it as an engagement ring until we got married but he had refused to allow me to buy him an engagement ring on top of our wedding rings.

I figured I had pushed him far enough and dropped it but that didn't mean I wouldn't do it at a later date.

He deserved to be spoiled a little bit and I was certain no one had ever done it before.

"What would you like to eat?" I asked as I glanced down at my menu.

"The chef will make you anything you want."

"There are no prices on this menu." Jungkook whispered.

Mine had all the prices.

I didn't want him to worry how much something cost, I just wanted him to enjoy himself.

"Just choose whatever."

"Lunch is on me."

"I can pay for my lunch."

Not in this place.

"It's fine,I invited you remember"

"Besides, we're celebrating our engagement."

"Let's splurge a little."

I saw the beginnings of a smile on Jungkook's face.

"I don't know what to order."

"Is there anything you are allergic to or don't like?" I asked.

These were important details.

"No, I pretty much eat anything."

"I don't eat asparagus." I said as I gave an exaggerated shiver.

"Can't stand the stuff."

Jungkook tucked in his lips but I could see amusement dancing in his eyes.

"Can I order for you?"

Jungkook stared at me for a moment before nodding, closing his menu and setting it down on the table.

I gave the waiter a head tip.

After he came over, I placed an order for both Jungkook and I of what I thought he might like.

I wanted to order a bottle of champagne but I also wanted Jungkook clear headed.

I could pull a bottle out of my wine cooler when we got home after we got married.

Once the waiter left, I smiled across at him. "I wanted to talk to you about your job."

"I know Mr. Lim said you didn't want me to work, but—" he snapped his lips closed when I held up my hand.

"It's not that I don't want you to work, It's that I want you to go with me when I have business trips and such."

"If we're going to be married, I think it's important for us to spend time together."

"If it was one or two business trips, that would be fine but I travel a lot, at least twice a month if not more."

"That's not a basis for a good marriage."

Jungkook's shoulders slumped.

"So, I've arranged for you to get a promotion to work on my personal staff."

"It will come with a pay raise and full benefits or course but it will be a full-time job."

"You won't be able to slack off just because you're married to the CEO, You will be expected to work as hard as you are now."