4

JIMIN POV

A marriage contract might not have been my smartest move
but it seemed like the quickest and easiest way to get Jungkook away from his appalling family.

If he signed on the dotted line, I have the money to make it happen.

I hadn't expected the changes
he wanted to make in the pre-nuptial agreement.

Jungkook was certainly a surprise and nothing like his money-grubbing family.

They'd been calling me almost nonstop asking for more money since I'd made my offer.

Oh sure, they had their reasons but each and every one of them revolved around Jai.

Not a single thought had been given to Jungkook.

I wanted to punch them.

When the TV on the wall had started playing the live stream video of what was happening in my lawyer's office, I had been shocked by the state he was in.

He seemed thinner than the last time I'd seen him and a little paler, which I hadn't thought possible.

And was that a fading bruise on his arm?

My jaw clenched as the anger I had been feeling toward this family grew into an inferno.

Jungkook's father was a big burly man standing at six foot two and weighing over two hundred and fifty pounds.

He was beating on a guy that stood five foot eight inches tall and weighed less than a hundred and twenty-five pounds.

He could easily kill Jungkook.

Ari had done a little more digging and been able to provide me with several recordings of the mother berating Jungkook both in texts and over the phone and she was just as bad as the father.

She might not have been beating Jungkook but the emotional and mental abuse was just as bad.

Still, most of my anger was aimed at the sister.

Jai had long flowing blond hair, bright blue eyes, a slim and curvy figure and a winning smile.

She looked like a dream.

She was a freaking nightmare.

She was five minutes younger than Jungkook. They were twins.

Considering some of the things she did, she obviously didn't feel that sibling bond with Jungkook except for her belief that her brother had a duty to care for her every need.

"Well, what do you think?" Ari asked. "The changes he
wanted made were interesting."

I nodded absently.

I was too busy watching Jungkook read through the rest of the agreement after Jih had made the changes he asked for.

I was curious to see if there were any more changes he wanted made.

I held my breath when Jungkook stopped reading and pointed out another clause in the pre-nup.

What did he want to change now?

"It says here that he wants me quit my job and he'll pay for all my living expenses."

"How is that fair?" Jungkook asked. "If we're married, we should both contribute to the household, shouldn't we?"

"I believe that this clause was put in the pre-nup because
of his business interests."

"He does a lot of traveling and
as his husband, you would be expected to travel with him."