The Walls Are Closing In | Prologue

Hey everyone!

This is going to start out so cliche, and I'm sorry about that. I was having a hard time thinking about a sequel for this, and this is what I came up with. Tell me if you like it or hate it!

Comment and Vote

xoxo Natasha <3

"Are you sure about this?" Susan asked me. "Don't you think you need time to recover? You just gave Alex the letter to give to Jack and now you want to move to New York?"

I sighed. It was true, only hours ago I had given Alex the letter for Jack and five hours ago that I had graduated. Susan, Cole, and I were putting the last few boxes into the car. I had decided that instead of moving in with Susan and Cole that I would just move into the full furnished, New York apartment that I had rented and look for a job during the summer before starting school. My house really wasn't in the right conditions to have me live in it. Cole had hired contractors to come and fix up the place and then Susan would come once it was done and redecorate. Since the house was mine, they thought that I should at least live in it, but since there were so many bad memories, they wanted to redecorate...and I had destroyed the house the day of prom.

"Susan," I sighed, again. "I can't dwell on the past. The guys and their girlfriends are jerks. I thought they were my friends and they weren't. I just want to leave Maryland and forget. I know that this upsets you, but as soon as I finished unpacking I will come and visit for a week. I promise. Besides, I have to come back, I have your Escalade."

"Okay, but if you don't come we will have to hunt you down, young lady." Cole chuckled.

He just finished putting my amp and guitars in the back. He and Susan had the same look of sadness on their faces.

"We'll miss being only a half hour away form you." Cole told me. "Our little girl is moving."

I smiled at them and hugged them.

"I will always be your little girl." I told them. "Sorry that I didn't stay with you for the rest of senior high and we didn't get to live like a family, but-"

"Nonsense." Susan cut me off. "This is a real family. We're crying because you're moving and to live your own life. And as for not being together for your senior year, that's poppycock. We were together for the most important time, graduation."

After a few more hugs, kisses, and crying - mostly from Susan - I got in my car and drove to New York to begin my new life.

And I did, begin a new life, in more than one way. My first week there was amazing, I met so many interesting people and one who became my roommate; I met Katsumi Williams. We were working in the coffee shop together and became fast friends. I had asked her to move in with me after a few weeks in the city, I didn't like being alone and knew her well enough to ask her to move in.

About a month or so, into starting school, I began to throw up at the smell of certain foods and missed my period, but I thought that it was just due to the stress of being a freshman in university.

"I think you should go to the doctors." Katsumi said. "It's probably nothing but, just be sure."

So I went. I found out I was pregnant, four months pregnant, I couldn't believe it. I thought back to when Jack and I had last had sex, when my last period was, and it all came to the same conclusion. Pregnant. It just didn't make sense to me, from what I had read, you experienced morning sickness within the first few weeks of pregnancy, but I got it months into it. I had though that it was due to stress.

I didn't know how I was going to do what I wanted with a baby on the way. How was I going to start my own business or even start a band with a child on the way? It was too late to get an abortion and I knew that I didn't want to give up my child, I knew first hand how the foster systems was and would never want my child to go through what I did.

"Are you going to tell Jack?" Susan asked me when I told her and Cole.

"I don't know," I said. "I haven't talked to him since, I will probably tell Zack though...maybe. Oh, I don't know what to do Susan. I am too young for this!"

"I can't help you with this one sweetie." she sighed. "This is all you, Cole and I will help you with the baby when he or she comes, but as for telling Jack, that's up to you."

Being pregnant at eighteen wasn't something I ever wanted, but I went through with it, Katsumi with me all the way along with two other friends I had made, Gary and Jared.

Liam Berkley-Barakat was born on March 17, 2007, 8 pounds 9 oz. 18 inches, he was a healthy until he turned four and was diagnosed with acute myelogenous leukemia. He had been complaining about his body hurting, he would get fevers, and I started seeing red spots under his skin. I took him to the doctors and they told me what was wrong with my son.

They put him through chemotherapy but it didn't go well, everything they tried failed and I had to watch my son suffer. The only other solution was a bone marrow transplant, I wasn't a match neither was Cole, Susan, or even my father. The only other person was Jack, and I hadn't talked to him in four years. I knew that eventually I would have to call Zack and ask for help.

"Ms. Berkley," Ann, a social worked said. "Your son is a candidate for the Make a Wish Foundation."

I turned to my little boy and asked him, 'what do you want in the whole world?'

"To get better." he said. "And meet my daddy."

Apparently that meeting with Jack would be sooner than I had expected.