Magical - Chapter 10-2

• Dedicated to Isis John

This is dedicated to my sister Isis, being the awesome sister that she is :)

I know...this took forever...I'm sorry :( my only excuse is that finals are next week and i'm very nervous... :/

ALSO IMPORTANT I need to thank carriebreathesbooks (deviantart), she is my awesome friend Carrie from highschool, and she drew Hiruk which is now the new cover of this story and is also on the side of this story ---> 

Go check out her stuff guys, she's an AMAZING artist!

_____________________________________________________

I swayed on my feet on the way to the dining hall the next morning. There were dark circles under the rims of my bloodshot eyes. I knew I looked terrible, but I really didn’t have the energy to care.

“They’re going to ask you about it.” Alume pointed out, padding beside me.

“Just keep your mouth shut. I don’t want them worrying about me and my stupid nightmares. I’ll be fine.” I hissed back.

“They’ll understand you’re afraid, Carina. I think you should let them know. They worry is all.” I understood what he meant, but telling them would feel like reliving it. I just wanted it out of my mind. Another picture of the roaring dragon surfaced and I shook my head again, trying to rid myself of it.

“No, I don’t want to talk about it. I’ll tell them, just not right now. Not while it’s fresh.” Alume didn’t answer and I walked into the room. They all looked up at me with smiles that faded into expressions of worry.

“Carina, are you all right?” Kale asked first. I sighed. If Kale had asked in such a serious tone, I must’ve looked pretty bad.

“I’m fine. I just didn’t get a lot of sleep last night.” I mumbled, sitting beside Caius.

“Oh? I’m sorry I wasn’t there…” Kale continued with a wink and I couldn’t help but smile. Alexander didn’t think it was so funny, however, and smacked Kale’s head.

“That’s not very appropriate.” Alexander snapped.

“We know he’s just joking.” I tried defending Kale. He had made me smile, which was what I really needed right now. “You can be a little easier on him.” Alexander didn’t answer but instead turned on me again.

“Well, why did you have trouble sleeping? Is something wrong?”

“Can we not concentrate on me right now and just eat before we have to leave? It’s really nothing.”

“But, Carina…” Caius started.

“She said not to worry about it, so can we stop now?” Galianya interjected, icily. Her tone was so cold I shivered from it.

“Gali,” Caius gave her a trying look.

“Leave it be. She obviously doesn’t want to talk about it. I don’t know why you’re all making such a fuss over her lack of sleep. She’s fine, so drop the matter.” Galianya continued eating and I stared at her in shock. I wasn’t sure if she had just defended me, or insulted me.

“We need her to be well rested, Galianya, for she is the one in the most danger on this journey. They’ve already attempted to capture her once. Who knows what will happen on the way?” Septa explained, calmly. “We merely worry for her well-being. There is nothing wrong with that.” Galianya remained silent, and then Septa looked at me. “We will discuss this later, Carina. I assume it was another nightmare?” I nodded. “After breakfast, then.”

I looked down at my plate and started eating slowly. I could feel their eyes on me, but I refused to look up. They worried, I understood that. But I really didn’t want to talk about what I’d seen. I hadn’t had regular dreams of late, and I was worried that it hadn’t just been a nightmare. What I was really worried about, was because I could see visions of the past…was it possible, that I could also see the future?