Training Gone Wrong

The turtles and Maria were now on a rooftop, the jaguar girl looking out at the lights of the city. "What's with spot over there?" Raph didn't know why Maria was looking out at the city in wonder, to him it was a normal night. 

"I've never been to New York, so the sight's new to me." Maria came over to stand by Donnie, who was twirling his staff. "She's also been training more than you three, I'm guessing." 

Mikey was on the ladder of a water tower, and he started talking about games. "Hey, I've been training. My video game scores have like doubled." Leo shook his head and crossed his arms. "Yeah, and while you were playing games little brother, this NightWatcher character has come into the neighborhood like some vigilante showboat. But his days are done." 

Raph didn't seem to like how his brother was dissing this vigilante. "Hey, you went away Leo, and the NightWatcher was the only one to pick up the slack." Raph then got in Leo's face. "Crime never took a break, you did." 

Maria separated them and Mikey then ask Donnie about having jetpacks. But then a roar was heard, Leo looked to Maria to see if she did it. "Don't look at me." 

They all looked over to a construction site and Mikey had to say something. "Someone's cranky." Raph was the first one to jump towards the commotion. "Alright, jungle boy, grab a vine." Leo tried to stop him. 

"Wait, Splinter said not to fight!" Mikey and Donnie didn't listen either and followed Raph. Maria looked to Leo, and he had an exasperated look on his face. 

"Let's make sure they don't kill themselves." Maria followed Leo and his brothers, but Maria caught up to Raph quickly and smirked when he looked at her in shock. "Wha- How did!?" Maria only leapt up and used her claws to climb the metal support beams. 

"She's always been like this. That and she was training with me for a year." They continued to climb until they came upon a bunch of ninjas trying to fight a giant monster. "Well, good news is there's a bunch of foot ninja getting the snot kicked out of them." 

Mikey was happy about this as they hid behind a few piles of cement mix. Donnie decided to butt in so it would be a little better, even in this situation. "Bad news is that things gonna run out of bodies soon." Nope, he was giving the bad news, Mikey smiled as he leaned his head on his arm. Maria shook her head and looked to Leo as they dodged a body. 

"Should we help them?" Mikey then said he wanted to keep watching the show in front of them. Raph had...other plans. 

"I say we stop talking!" 

And with that everyone was fighting the monster while Leo got in a fight with the leader of the ninja. The foot retreated after the woman made a signal to leave. Maria rolled her eyes since the turtles weren't doing so well with the monster and let out a roar to challenge the beast. It called back and charged, but Maria dodged so it fell not noticing Mikey on it. 

The monster fell through floor after floor but stopped at the bottom. The turtles and Maria stood together as the monster was about to attack. "What now?" 

"How about this?" Mikey clung to Donnie before rubble fell on them. "When this is over, I'm totally calling the architect." The four brothers then noticed how the rubble wasn't crushing them, they looked around to see a dome of sky blue surrounding them like a protective barrier. 

The patterns looked like jaguar spots. Leo looked at Maria, who was at the center of the group. Her spots and eyes were glowing the same blue as the dome. 

"Leo, could Maria always do that?" The girl was snarling and growling as she stood from her kneeling position, making the dome expand and push the ruble away. Maria was straining herself doing this. 

Once the rubble was off the dome, Maria dropped to her knees before fainting in exhaustion.