Home

Maria and Leo were now standing on the landing gear of a plane about to land in New York. The two weren't planning to get off at the airport, they were planning to jump. Maria held onto Leo like a sloth to a tree as he jumped and activated his hang glider. He flew close to the bay water and felt it like a surfer would before diving into the freezing water and swimming into the sewer. 

After breaking the surface Maria pulled herself up and shook herself off before standing. "Really?" 

Leo only had to wait for the water to roll off him, he was made for swimming. "Old habits die hard, Leo." He shook his head and led her to a wall, and he pulled on a small pipe opening a door. 

Maria followed him down some stairs and saw him smile as he looked at his sleeping brothers. Maria smiled too, seeing him so happy and watched him head for a lit room. Leo turned to her and motioned for her to follow, she took a breath and let him lead her to the room. Inside was a giant rat who was meditating, until he heard Leo outside. 

"Enter. Leo, my son." Leo kneeled down with Maria by his side. "I've returned from my training, Master. I was so caught up in my own world, I forgot about everything else. I'm sorry I failed." 

Maria knew he didn't fail, but he thought he did with the guilty look on his face. The rat didn't think his son failed either. "On the contrary, my son." 

He took out a medal from a box and walked up to Leo. "Now you are much stronger." 

Maria smiled seeing the moment of father and son. "Your strength is needed here now." Maria stood with Leo as he was handed the medal. "You own me no apologies, an explanation perhaps." The rat looked to Maria, who bowed her head in respect to the father of her friend. "But first, I believe you should talk to Rapheal. Your absence has been particularly difficult for him, though he won't admit it." 

"I'm certain things will be back to normal in no time, Master." Maria could feel eyes watching and looked to the door where a red masked turtle was standing, she stared with a curious look on her face. 

"Good, because until you can act as one, you are forbidden to fight." Leo nods and says, "Yes Sensei." The two then hugged making Maria look back at the two and smile. 

"I missed you, Leonardo." 

"I missed you too, father." Maria watched as the Sensei revealed Raph was there. "Rapheal, your brother is home, and has brought a friend." 

Leo looked to the door to see his brother and greeted him. "Hey." 

"Hey. Uh, welcome home." 

"Thanks." 

The female in the room could tell it was a little awkward between the two. Raph stretched before saying he was going to bed and left leaving the three to do introductions. "Master Splinter, this is Maria. She kept me company when I was in Central America, helped me get home too." 

Maria bowed her head again in respect and greeted him. "It's an honor to finally meet you, Leo had nothing but good things to say about you all." 

It was true, Leo would tell Maria about his family a lot and it was always something good. "It is a pleasure to meet you as well, and you are welcome in our home. I believe if Leonardo trusts you, he has his reasons." 

Maria thanked him and left with Leo to meet his two youngest brothers. "Leo!" A purple masked turtle went in for a hug but got a noogie instead. 

"Leo?" Another turtle wearing an orange mask fell off the couch and hugged Leo around the waist. "I'm dreaming, aren't I?" 

"No, Mikey, you're not dreaming." Mikey sighed in relief at this. "Oh good, I had nightmares about birthday parties." 

Maria shook her head and giggled a bit before she was spotted by the two youngest turtles. "So, who's your friend?" 

"And how did you land someone so hot?" Maria shook Donnie's hand and introduced herself. "I'm Maria." 

"Donnie, and this is Mikey." Mikey took her hand next and winked at her. "Nice to meet you, pretty lady." The girl shook her head at his silliness and looked to Leo. 

"Are your brothers always like this?" Now, to Mikey and Donnie she was speaking Spanish, but to Leo, he could understand her like she was speaking English. "No, just Mikey." He spoke back to her in the same language, making her chuckle a bit. 

"Leo, did you learn Spanish?" The leader in blue nodded and pointed to Maria. "Maria taught me." The girl shrugged and smirked at this. 

"When you couldn't understand what I was saying half the time I vented to you." He rolled his eyes at this. Donnie offered to show her the guest room so she could get some sleep, Mikey stayed with Leo and decided to tease his brother. 

"You like her." Leo nodded. "I do, but I don't know how to confess to her." Mikey didn't think his older brother would admit to having a crush, let alone not deny anything. 

"Dude, you better do it soon. She seems like a keeper." Leo shook his head and left to get some sleep, before training with his brothers for the first time in a while.