A Mikaelson Christmas

( For the rest of the evening there was a great atmosphere, we were all talking and laughing.
And our friends were looking forward to our little girl with us.)

Hailey pov:

We were all sitting in the living room planning Christmas like every year.
Christmas is already tonight.
I've loved Christmas ever since I was little and this one will be the best of all, at least I hope so.
It will be the first Christmas that Niklaus and I will experience as a couple.
Me, Rebeka and Devina decided to bake our special sweets as always for Christmas, it's our secret recipe.

"Hailey what's not to like? I want to know what to cross off the list."
Elijah was caring while I waited, the child helps me and trains me constantly.
“Um, definitely cut out the eggs and ketchup.
"Honey, that's not even for a holiday dinner."
"Then probably nothing."
"Okay Bex, how are you doing with decorating the house?"

Rebekah has been decorating this huge house with all kinds of lights and decorations since morning, everyone around probably knows that the Mikaelsons love Christmas.
"I only have a few lights left in a moment..."

Even though we love Christmas, we don't give each other anything as gifts, but this year we agreed that we will all give each other gifts.
For Elijah I had a book on control and reflexes, for Bekha I had a bracelet with her favorite flowers, Dev helped me create it.
Well, I had no idea what to give my husband, but that's a problem.

Rebekah slipped down the stairs.
"Okay, I'm done, the holidays can begin."
When I went to get up from the couch, all three Mikaelson brothers ran over to help me up.
“Guys, I can walk on my own."
"Yeah, but you should take care of yourself when you're eight months pregnant, I don't want anything to happen to you two love."
“That's nice Klaus, but I'm fine."
All three raised both hands in defeat and stepped back.

"Okay Bekah, I want to see all the decorations."
She grabbed my hand and led me upstairs, every room was decorated and everything was glowing with colors.

We stopped in my room and sat on the bed.
"What's wrong Bekah?"
"I just want to talk to you again as a so-called mother with a so-called daughter."
I laughed a little and put my hand on hers.
"How are you Hailey how are you going through all of this?"
"I'm fine, I'll make it, I'm just afraid of what will happen when the baby is born."
I looked down and looked at my hands.
"What are you afraid of Honey?"
"A lot of things, for example, that I'm not ready, that I'll be a bad mother for the child, that Niklaus might leave me...oh my god, I don't even know, I pretend that I'm fine but I'm not."

The few words that came out of my mouth completely broke me.
Tears streamed down my face and I quickly wiped them away with my T-shirt sleeve.
Rebekah pulled me into a hug and stroked my hair until I calmed down.
"Oh Hailey, it's going to be fine, everything is going to be fine, you're going to be a great mom, the best, trust me, and Nik won't leave you, he loves you more than anything, I've never seen him love someone like that."

I suddenly felt a cramp in my stomach.
I grabbed my stomach and screamed in pain.
"Hailey what's going on?"
"Bex I don't know... I'm scared please help me..call Klaus."
"Klaus..Klaus, come here, fuck, something's wrong.."
Klaus was here in less than a moment.
He came to me and held my hand.
"Hailey baby look at me hey look at me..."
He lifted my chin.
"Everything will be fine, it will pass, I'm with you, we're all with you.'
I couldn't think about anything else but the gnawing pain that gripped my stomach.
"Klaus, Klaus, I think I'm giving birth...I...I don't want to, I'm afraid."
I cried out of despair and pain.
Klaus looked with fear and concern at the sheet which was now covered in blood.
"Rebekah get the towels and hot compresses quickly."
Klaus placed me on the mattress so that my head was supported by the pillows and spread my legs while Bekah brought the things that Nik asked her for.

"Nik..what on earth are you going to do...oh god it hurts."
"Love, breathe you're going to have to push…I know it's going to hurt but I trust you, you're the strongest and bravest woman I know."
"Do you even know what you're doing?"
"Don't worry sis, it's not the first time I've done this."
Rebekah put a bandage on my forehead and held me as I continued to cry desperately.
"Love, when I tell you, you have to push, please cooperate."
"now"
I pushed as hard as I could.
"Okay again baby."
Rebekah wiped the sweat from my forehead.
"And you have to even more darling."
"No Nik... please.. I can't... I can't control it anymore."
"But you can do it one more time..."

I pushed one last time and threw my head back on the pillows.
I closed my eyes and didn't notice my surroundings for a while.
I raised my head only when I heard a child's cry.
I saw Klaus holding our daughter in his arms and washing her from the blood.
When it was cleaned, he looked up at me and smiled lovingly.

"Nik…could you come here with her?"
I said it with a still shaky voice.
My husband was also walking towards me with our daughter.
I slowly sat up and stretched out my arms.
Nik gently handed it to me and sat down on the bed next to me.
"Hailey how are you feeling? You gave birth almost a month early."
"I know, but I feel good now."
My little girl was wrapped in a blanket that I had prepared for her and she had beautiful blond hair like Niklaus and her eyes were on me.

“She's beautiful like you love."
"Yes, she has hair like yours."
Klaus leaned towards me and kissed me first on my forehead and then on my lips.
"Can you believe it? We have a baby, our little girl..."
I didn't have time to finish the sentence because someone knocked on the door to the room even though it was open.
Kol, Elijah Bex and my two best friends walked into the room.
Damon and Kai were right around me asking questions.

"Wow cupcake, I can't believe she's finally here, she's gorgeous."
"She's beautiful."
They both held her in their arms for a while.
"What about Aunt Bex? Do you want to hold her Bekah?"
Rebekah's eyes lit up and she immediately held our daughter in her arms.
"What is her name?"
I looked at Klaus.
“I thought and her name is Cassie Rebekah Mikaelson."
Rebekah shed a few tears of joy.
"The whole thing is amazing."

time shift

It was already evening.
Devina used her magic to check on me and Cassie to make sure we were both fine and healthy.
Although she was born prematurely, she was as healthy as a fish.
Right now we were sitting around the Christmas tree, talking and admiring mine and Klaus' daughter.

"Well folks, I have to tell you something, I know this Christmas didn't start off very traditional, but I feel like it's time for presents."
I sat back down on the floor and gave Elijah the first gift.
"Thank you princess, but you didn't have to."
I gave Bekah another one.
"Oh my gosh honey that's beautiful thank you so much."
I turned to my husband and realized that I didn't have a present for him yet.

"Sorry Nik..I didn't find the perfect gift for you, sorry."
Klaus moved closer to me and put Cassie in Bex's arms.
He lifted my chin and kissed me gently.
"Love, it's okay, you never have to give me anything again, you've already given me everything I've ever wanted, a wife, a child and a family."