Happy birthday love

(We sat contentedly together on the couch and fell asleep in each other's arms.)

Hailey pov:

My "birthday" was coming up. Except technically I won't live to be 18 anymore.
As a tribrid, I don't age, I haven't even reached adulthood.
I would be 18 today.

I woke up with my head resting on Klaus' chest.
I raised my head and planted a soft kiss on his soft lips.
"What time is it love?"
He groans and puts a pillow on his head.
"Wow, you really hate getting up and it's already late for breakfast. We can't stay in bed all day."
"Why not?"
He rasped in a still sleepy voice. He was so sexy.

Klaus pov:

Today is Hailey's birthday and we threw her a birthday party. I know it won't age like a tribrid, but it deserves it. I had the task of occupying her so that the others could prepare the party.

"Hailey honey, please one day just you and me in bed. We haven't had time to rest in the last three weeks. Come on, just one day."
"Fine, one day. And you're right, we do deserve a day off."

I was glad that I managed to convince her.
I grabbed her hand and pulled her to me on the bed.
"What movie do you want to watch?"
"I don't know, we could watch Titanic. I love that movie."
"Or something else, please don't make me watch this sweet nonsense. Almost everyone dies at the end anyway."

"Well, you can spoil the romance."
"I'm not spoiling her, it's the movie."
"Come on please, it's my birthday today."

She said it sadly, I felt sorry for her, she practically didn't live to be an adult.

"Fine, but only for you."
"Well thank you." She said it so sweetly.
She took my face in her hands and kissed me sweetly.
I got out of bed and took the Titanic DVD from the shelf.
Ever since I started dating Hailey, things have been appearing in my room that weren't there before, like flowers, bright colors, and DVDs and CDs of romantic movies and One Direction.
I collapsed on the bed next to her and turned on the movie.
I pulled her close and rested my head on her shoulder.

Hailey was crying at the end, I was wiping her tears and giving her cheeks kisses.

"Honey, don't cry, it's just a movie, you've seen me kill so many people, but do you cry while watching a movie? Don't cry Hai."
"That's different, Nik, I didn't know the people you killed, but I loved Jack and the Titanic as a child."

"Hey? and you still love him? 0For if so, I am wounded."
I shut down hurt.
"Not now, I don't love anyone."
I stopped at that and it really hurt me a little.
"Honey, Klaus, don't worry, I don't love you, I'm in love with you."
That was the nicest thing anyone said to me.
I took her face in my hands and kissed her hard and passionately.

"Do you know that I was also on the Titanic? I survived, of course, and I don't remember any Rose being there."
"Wow, were you on that ship? This is unreal. No one can say they were at the sinking of the Titanic and still look hot."
I smirked smugly and raised a seductive eyebrow.

I reached for my cell phone and texted the Elijahs how they were doing with the celebration. It should start around 3:00 PM and it was already 1:52 PM.
We slept really long.

time shift

Hailey pov:

Klaus told me to get dressed nicely and let's go downstairs.
He said he would take me to a restaurant for dinner.
I was looking forward to it even though I will miss our day off.

I put on a white dress with a corset, black long boots and a black leather jacket.
I put on a light layer of makeup and combed my long black hair.
I took my purse and threw my cell phone and wallet into it.
I went down the stairs and waited for Klaus, but he appeared behind me.

"Love, come with me for a moment, I'll show you something."
"Nik, you are kind of mysterious today."

"Happy Birthday Hailey!!!"
Everyone screamed at once.
I looked at Klaus with happiness in my eyes.

"Happy birthday love."
"God, thank you all. I love you all."

I saw Damon and Elena, Caroline and Tyler, Stefan and Katherine, Alaric and Jo, Kai and Bonnie and the Klaus' family.

I hugged everyone and thanked them for being here.

"We know you don't age anymore, but you deserve to celebrate your adulthood."

Tears welled up in my eyes.
I couldn't have had a better life.

Gradually, everyone congratulated me and gave me gifts, until Klaus was the last one to come up with advice.

"Love, look, I don't have anything to say that won't be heard here, but I'll try it this way. I've known you since you were 3 months old when Rebekah brought you to us, from the beginning I felt some connection with you but instead of taking care of you and raising you, I treated you like a jerk and I'm so sorry. Now when I look at the past, there are many things that I regret, but I definitely do not regret one thing, and that is that I met you and fell in love with you. I love everything about you, your beauty, your courage and your laugh and a lot of other things. I can thank you for many things, but I thank you for giving me a chance and..."
I was already crying all over my face.

"And I want to ask you something."
He pulled out a box from his back pocket and got down on one knee.
My breath hitched and I clutched my dead heart.

"Hailey Sarah Carter-Mikaelson, will you make me the happiest crossbreed in the world and marry me?"

My heart stopped and I held my breath.

"I...I know we've only been together for a month and it's short, but I don't want to live without you. Always and Forever. Please Hailey say..."

"Niklaus, don't talk anymore." I knelt down next to him and threw myself around his neck and kissed him.
"Yes, of course I will marry you. God, this... I have no words."

Everyone around clapped and I bet that Damon's tear also came out.
Klaus put a beautiful diamond ring on my finger and hugged me tightly as if he was afraid to let go.

"I love you Love."
"Me too, my big bad hybrid. You gave me the best birthday ever. I don't believe we will get married."

( How do you like the story so far?
I hope it is alright.
I know it's a quick move to suggest, but I felt Klaus should say it.
I love every reader.
And thank you<333
Summer.)