Chapter 37

They couldn't hide their smiles the next morning. Ang ganda-ganda ng gising nilang dalawa. They woke up with their bodies intertwined and their hearts sharing the same peaceful rhythm. Being kissed to sleep was euphoric, but making love was beyond that.

It wasn't planned. It's just one of those one-thing-led-to-another things. His kisses started soft, cautious and careful. But when she responded, he took it as green light and dared to do more. And she didn't want to deprive herself of the pleasures his mouth would ensue.

He's right. It's been a long time since Newark.

"I could kiss you all night," she remembered him say.

"Kiss lang? You don't want more?" was her answer.

She felt shivers run down her back as his eyes darkened with desire. She remembered him telling her about the things that he wanted to do and thanked the dim light for hiding her blushing face.

Naabutan nila sina Santina na nag-aagahan sa kusina. Kelvin's already awake. Kausap nito ang mag-ina. He looks like he was having fun while talking to her kid, na hindi niya naitanong kung ano'ng pangalan kagabi.

Hinawakan siya ni Vince sa bewang and he stood behind her on the other side of the breakfast nook while the maid prepares their breakfast. Yumakap ito sa kanya. Naiilang siya sa tingin na ibinibigay ni Santina sa kanila, but at the same time, she feels  elated. It's like he's telling the woman that they're exclusively for each other at walang pwedeng makapagbago noon.

"Good morning," bati ni Santina sa kanila. "Had a fun night?"

Pinamulahan siya sa tanong. Si Vince naman ay humalik sa pisngi niya.

"Very much," he answered throatily.

"Did you make a baby?" Kelvin blurted out.

Napatawa si Santina. "Your kid's so funny!" she exclaimed.

Kelvin looked so pleased with himself.

"So you've met him already."

Santina nodded. "Yes. I didn't know that you have a child. Does your father know?"

Naalarma siya sa tono ng pagtatanong nito. It was sickeningly sweet.

"He doesn't know yet," sagot ni Vince. "But I'll tell him one day. Humahanap lang ako ng tiempo."

"What's the name of your kid?" she asked, diverting the topic.

"Troy," sagot ni Santina. She wasn't surprised at all. "His name is Troy Alexander."

"Is that so?" Vince asked, amused.

"She named him after Uncle Troy," Kelvin said. "Because he's Troy's dad. Why wasn't I named after you, daddy?"

Nagkatinginan silang dalawa. Santina didn't look fazed at all. She will have to explain to Kelvin that Troy isn't his Uncle Troy's child. Red will be furious if she finds out na ipinagkakalat ni Santina na anak ni Troy ang anak nito.

Baka madamay pa ang bata. Kawawa naman.

"Do you want to be named after me?" tanong naman ni Vince sa anak.

Kelvin shrugged. "Won't that be confusing? You'll be Vince and I'll be Vince."

"Then we'll call you Kyle."

Ngumuso si Kelvin. "But I wanna be called Vince just like daddy."

Ginulo ni Santina ang buhok ng anak niya. She could tell that she's amused.

"He's a talker," kumento nito.

"Tita, don't!" reklamo ni Kelvin. He grunted and covered his head with his hands. "You'll ruin my hair."