Chapter 18

Vince lost his appetite. He wanted to confront Joem. How can he do such thing to Moira? Moira's so willing to give up her work for him. Mahal na mahal nito si Joem. He's a grown man, but she cried like a baby when she learned that he got hurt.

Now, he couldn't move, because he's with the two most scandalous persons he knows. And one of them is pregnant. He doesn't want to stress Red, as he was sure that she will make a scene if he told her about Moira, Joem and his other woman.

"Vince, did you lose your appetite? Why aren't you eating?"

Umiling siya. "It's nothing."

Napatingin ulit siya kina Joem nang halikan nito ang babaeng kasama. Sinundan ni Red ang tingin niya. She frowned at him.

"Do you know them?"

"No."

"He's probably just envious," pabirong sabi ni Vico.

Envious? He wasn't just envious. He's overwhelmed with jealousy. He's jealous of Joem because he has Moira's full attention and adoration. He's angry with himself because he couldn't do anything and he's worried for Moira. Inagahan pa naman nito ang uwi para makapag-ayos for their anniversary, and yet, nakuhang magloko nitong si Joem sa mismong araw na iyon.

Pinagmadali niyang kumain ang dalawang kasama tapos ay inaya niya ang mga ito na lumipat ng restaurant. He didn't take no for an answer.

Nagtatakang sumunod ang dalawa. They looked for a better place, with more expensive liquors and a better ambiance. Nadoble tuloy ang gastos niya. But it was okay. He could not bear the thought of being in the same room with the guy who cheated on his loving girlfriend.

It disgusts him. Saka ayaw niyang mapaaway. He doesn't believe that violence is the answer to anything, but he also doesn't want to talk. Hindi niya magagawa iyon. He'd probably end up punching Joem in the face.

After so many bottles of alcohol, he still feels sober. Kaya naman pagdating niya sa bahay ay uminom pa siya ulit. And then, he called Rose. Gising na gising pa rin ito kahit pasado alas dose na. He needs to talk to somebody before he explodes.

"Are you drunk?!"

"Not quite," sagot niya.

"What the hell is happening to you, Vince? Nawala lang ako ng ilang linggo, nagkakaganyan ka na."

"It's Moira," he said with a sigh.

"Well, what's new? Palagi namang si Moira ang problema mo. O, what is it this time? Engaged na ba sya?"

"No." Napamura siya ng mahina. "I think her boyfriend's cheating on her."

He continued to tell Rose about Joem and this other woman at the restaurant. The two looked so in love. Hindi maitatangging may relasyon ang mga ito.

"And what about Moira?" tanong nito.

"Hindi ko alam."

"Tawagan mo! She might need comfort."

"But I'm not supposed to intrude."

"But you have to," giit nito. "Anniversary pa naman nila tapos ginanon sya ng boyfriend nya. What do you think will happen? Vince, if my husband cheats on me, I'll open hell and dump him there, if I'm not stupid enough to hurt myself. Trust me, she needs you right now."

He exhaled. "All right. I'll call you back."

He ended the call and dialled Moira's number. Nakailang ring muna bago ito sumagot.

"Hello?"

He drank a few gulps of liquor before speaking.

"Moira? It's Vince."