Chapter thirty-nine

"Someone's after Mori-senpai?" Y/N asked, slightly disbelieving. She had a theory, after hearing about the potted plant incident.

"No doubt about it, I saw the whole thing." Kasunoda nodded. "He's obviously gotten on someone's bad side."

"That doesn't really seem like Mori." Y/N whispers to Kyoya, who stands next to her behind the couch. The twins, Haruhi and Tamaki are all sitting on one couch in front of Kasunoda and Himari, while Mori and Honey sit on a table behind it.

Tamaki moves topics rather quickly, explaining to Kasunoda that yesterday was a false start, the twins simply got a little carried away. Kyoya continued working on his book, having moved to the couch once the rest of the host club moved away, allowing Y/N to lean on his shoulder. "Kyoya, I'm tired." she complains.

"Well, what time did you go to sleep last night?"

"What time did you go to sleep last night?"

"I'm not the one complaining about being tired right now, am I?" Kyoya challenged.

"No. but my point is, I think we could both benefit from a nap. And since you're probably coming over to my house after school anyways... it only makes sense we just sleep there right?"

"Your logic could use some work.'' Kyoya critiques, but he can't help himself when he looks down at Y/N, head resting on his shoulder and playing with the hems of his blazer. "But I suppose the basic argument is rather compelling."

"Kasanoda, you trust me right?" Himari asked, crossing her legs and leaning back on the couch.

"Uh, yeah I guess."

"If you want my advice, I wouldn't put too much of your trust in these host club guys. I've seen the way they operate for a really long time, and I just don't want you to get your hopes up for anything they have planned."

"Well, thank you. But Morinozuka recommended these guys to me. Besides, I don't have much of a choice. Without them I've got nothing."

"Well, if it helps in any way you have me. Just because you get yourself into trouble doesn't mean we can't be buddies, right?"

"Say, Morinozuka-san, do you like to kick the can?"

"I've never really played before, i'm not exactly clear on the rules but it sounds fun enough."

"Bossanova!" Tamaki called, interrupting how red Kasunoda's face was getting. "I think we've come up with something that'll change your tough guy image."

Kasunoda was handed a pair of black cat ears. The twins deviously pulled three other pairs from their pockets, forcing one into Y/N, Himari and Haruhi's hands.

"How do I look, Kyoya?" Y/N adjusted the headband on her head. Kyoya glanced up from his notebook, eyes taking in the image of his girlfriend in cat ears. Truthfully he'd never been particularly fond of cats one way or another, but they might have just become his favorite animal in the world.

"You look radiant, darling." he said, bending down to give her a quick kiss on the forehead. He moved to stand up straight, but was stopped by the feeling of Y/N pulling his tie, keeping him at an angle she could give him a proper kiss.

Honey took in Kasunoda's appearance, even with the cat ears. "A cat monster." he summarized succinctly.

"Well, that didn't work. I don't know what went wrong, Renge said the kitty ears were all the rage." Tamaki pondered. "She said they would be a perfect lovely item that could have happened."

"Be realistic, putting kitty ears on him isn't going to affect how people perceive him, he still looks mean." Kyoya points out.

"I don't know," Himari starts, tilting her head to the side as if getting a better angle. "I think he looks kind of cute. I've always had a thing for men in cat ears."

Kasunoda's face explodes with red at that comment, and seeing Himari in cat ears wasn't helping it to cool down either. Ever since he'd met Himari at the beginning of the year, he always felt flustered around her. She was so pretty, and never seemed scared of him. Girls especially tended to veer away from him at the mere sight, so the fact she didn't do any such thing intrigued him.

"No kidding, that was a pretty lame boss." the twins complain. "For real! If you're going to take it that far, you might as well go all the way and make him a kitty eared maid!"

"Are you guys making fun of me?" Kasunoda grumbled, the twins pouncing on him.

"Sorry to bother you," the door opened, revealing a kind looking boy with caramel hair tied back into a ponytail. "But is the young lord Kasunoda in here?" He stopped short when he saw Kasunoda, fully dressed in cat ears and a maid dress, with Himari taking photos on her cell phone. "So here you are." he stuttered, Kasunoda making a move to grab him. "Sir, it's no big deal, you can do whatever you want with your free time."

"What do you think this is a hobby of mine?" Kasunoda yelled, face redder than a tomato. "Dammit! I can't take this anymore!" he storms out.

"You guys are real pieces of work, you know that?" Himari scolds the twins, though they don't seem particularly scared of her, especially considering her height. "Besides that, an image chance isn't really what he needs in the first place! God, you guys are all idiots!" Himari pointed at everyone but Y/N and Kyoya, before storming out of the room to go find Kasunoda.