Chapter three

Today was day two of Y/N's hosting endeavor. She opened the door to the music room to find the host club members dressed in english regency era clothing. They all looked perfect as usual, though Haruhi still seemed a bit uncomfortable in his outfit, the hat he was wearing continued to slip off his head. 

"What on earth are you all wearing?" Y/N asked, astonished.

"Well my dear, since you asked," Tamaki started, brandishing his top hat with a flourish. "We are dressed as men from the writings of Miss Jane Austin. Renge says that girls absolutely adore her books, and the men written in them. We chose to make their old English wishes come true."

"Arnt the men in Austin's books a little less... colorful?" Y/N pointed out, trying to choose a better word than frivolous or annoying. She had read several of Jane Austins works, even though it was typically regarded as literature for the west. The men in those books were a certain brand of alluring, though Y/N could not see the hosts playing those roles well. Perhaps Kyoya and Mori, but Tamaki and the Twins certainly had personalities that strayed too far from the truth of Austin's characters. 

"That's not the point Y/N." The twins brushed off the young lady's comment, and instead pulled out a long, empire waist dress. It was a light green, with short puffy sleeves that nearly fell off her shoulders. A cream white ribbon wrapped around the high waist, and a similar cream shawl accompanied the dress. Little gold and green beads were embroidered around the bodice and hem, giving it a delicate and feminine look. It was graceful, but understates and more calm than the bright yellow crinoline skirt that Y/N wore as part of the uniform. 

"You get to wear this dress." Hikaru told Y/N, a grin on his face.

"We picked it out especially for you." Kaoru grinned in the same way Hikaru did.

Y/N looked for any source of help in the room. Her pleading eyes landed on the shadow king himself, Kyoya Ootori.

"Kyoya?" Y/N asked the dark haired boy.

"Being a host means following our rules, Miss L/N. and the cosplay decisions are left up to Tamaki." he responded coldly.

Y/N reluctantly took the dress from the twins, leaving to go change into her ridiculous costume. Slipping off her school uniform she noticed that Haruhi's clothes were also in this room. More specifically noticed Haruhi's bra sitting with the rest of her folded clothes, waiting to be put back on after she was finished with her cosplay.

gotcha! Y/N thought, smiling to herself. She had had suspicions about Haruhi since the first day she met her. It went beyond her difference in behavior from the other boys in the club. But now Y/N had evidence to prove her theory. Y/N saw no issue with Haruhi's cross dressing, and only sought to look for a reason why. She'd been formulating a plan to ask Haruhi about it since yesterday, which she now thought to put into action. 

"Haruhi?" Y/N asked, poking her head out of the dressing room. "Could you come here for a moment? I need help- um- zipping my dress." She lied. Her dress had no zipper, something the twins obviously knew, causing them to raise an eyebrow at each other. 

"You need help with your dress?" Haruhi asked, coming into the dressing room where Y/N was standing in only her underwear, as her school dress had been discarded to change into her new one.

Haruhi looked at your dress for a second, then back to you. "I thought you said you needed help?" she asked

"Haruhi, why are you presenting as a male?" Y/N asked.

"My question is, how did you find out I was a girl?" Haruhi retorted.

"Besides the fact Tamaki refers to you in almost exclusively feminine pronouns, the way you act it somewhat... girlish. Even if those boys can't tell, there are certain things that mark you apart. I take no problems with the way you address your gender identity, I only wish to know the reason for cross dressing the way you do. 

Y/N finished putting on her dress, as Haruhi explained her situation. She had stumbled across the club room looking for a place to study, and to her dismay wound up breaking an extremely expensive vase. This caused her to be the host club's dog, which then led to her becoming a host herself. Walking out of the changing room together, they were still talking about the subject when they were stopped by the strange silence of the room.

Y/N turned to look at the group of boy's all standing around, staring at you.

"Wow, Y/N! You look so cute!" Honey-senpai beamed.

"I knew we made the right choice," The twins synced.

"Thank you, but I don't see how dressing up is going to do anything." Y/N told the group.

"It's to help set the atmosphere. And, according to what I know the boy's will also quite enjoy this outfit on you." Kyoya said, still scribbling in his black notebook, not even bothering to look up at you.

"I'd still rather wear pants like Haruhi. I'm sure she would look much cuter in this outfit than I would."

"She?" Tamaki gasped

"How'd you know Haru-chan's a girl!" Honey also asked, now back in his usual position on Mori's shoulders.

"Well, I had a funny feeling ever since I met her, something just seemed a little off. SoI just created a plan that would prove if I was right or wrong. " Y/N shrugged.

"You had a plan did you?" Kyoya asked, his voice smooth as molasses. Perhaps she's smarter than she appears to be.

"Well, I didn't want to go out on a limb and assume I was right, or accidentally offend Haruhi by acting on an incorrect thought. I had to prove my theory, it's basic science. But I'm offended you didn't tell me sooner Haruhi, was I that untrustworthy?"

Before Haruhi could answer you, guests started coming into the clubroom. And the hosts moved to greet them, leaving you and Kyoya behind.

"Miss, L/N i have a request for you." Kyoya said from behind you. "I must ask you to keep Haruhi's identity as a female a secret. At least until she's finished repaying her debt that is. I'm sure you understand the need for secrecy."

"Of course Kyoya. She has to repay her debt to the host club, she did break that vase after all." you agreed with Kyoya on the front that Haruhi needed to pay back her debt, it was only fair. However sometimes it seemed as though Kyoya's methods for ensuring that were a little harsh. But you weren't on the budgeting end of things. "Oh, and Kyoya?" you said to the boy with glasses before you went to leave.

"Yes?"

"You can call me just Y/N. if you want."

Nakamura came into the room then, followed by a boy with fluffy blond hair. The blond boy's uniform was in semi-disarray, with the tie being loose and the buttons not being fully closed all the way up. His shirt was half untucked as well, pairing with the untidy state of his hair.

Now Y/N had to be in host mode. Kyoya noticed a visible shift in her demeanor, a fake smile now appearing back on her lips, the way her voice rose an octave, her words having more space between them as if she was carefully choosing them.

"Nakamura, I'm so glad you came back to see me. You've brought a friend with you?" Y/N looked over to the other boy.

"I'm Hiroto Isogai. Year three." The new boy stuck out his hand for you to shake, giving you a wide toothy grin.

"Well Hiroto- may I call you Hiroto?" Y/N asked, moving her hand from a shaking position to holding it in front of her with both hands.

This threw the boy off, causing him to look the other way in an attempt to cover the heat rising to his face. "Uh-yeah I mean. Sure that- that's fine." he stumbled out.

"It's so great to meet you Hiroto, I hope you come visit me again. Oh, I'm getting ahead of myself aren't I, oh well. Would you like some tea? In honor of our theme all the sweets and tea have been imported from London."

Kyoya watched this scene unfold from his earlier position. For someone who claimed to not like hosting, she was amazing at it. She knew what to say to get through to people, she knew what they wanted to hear. She was going to be an interesting addition to the mix, that was for sure. But how to make sure she stayed....