Chapter eighteen

Y/N stuck her head into the club room. Club activities were over for the day, but on her way home she realized she'd forgotten her cellphone in the music room. Turning the car around she'd rushed back into the music room, expecting it to be locked. However the door was open, and Kyoya was sitting inside at the table. His fingers were laced through his dark hair, fingers pinching the bridge of his nose agitatedly. A long sigh was let out through his nose before looking back to the stacks and stacks of papers piled all over the table.

"Kyoya?" Y/N asked softly, stepping into the room. "Are you alright? You look stressed."

Kyoya's head snapped up to find the source of the voice and confirm he was not just hallucinating. Once his eyes found her his expression softened, though he was too far away for Y/N to be able to tell. "What are you doing here I thought you left."

"I forgot my phone." she admitted, though she was clearly making no attempt to look for it. In fact she completely forgot she was even looking for the lost object when she saw Kyoya. She felt awful, sure she knew he had a lot of stress but had never seen it in person before. He worked so hard, it was admirable but at the same time you were angry he was working himself too hard. He deserved a break just as much as everyone else. "Kyoya, are you ok? No offense but you look awful. Why are you still here? school ended hours ago and club activities have been over for a while."

"I have work to do here, going home would only be a waste when it's perfectly quiet here." Kyoya went back to his computer, typing things in and then shuffling through stacks of papers.

"Is there anything I can do to help?"

"No. go home."

Y/N folded her arms, not accepting that answer. Even if he was being a little rude there was no way she was going to leave him here. "Not an option. I leave when you do."

"There's no point in you staying. Just go home I wont be able to entertain you." Kyoya insisted. He was intensely grouchy, after all he had mountains of work to do. Mostly assignments he'd let fall into the back of his mind, procrastinating them until closer to the due date. He had additional work trying to figure out the nightmare that was the club's budgeting among other things.

"If there's nothing I can do to help then I'll just do my own work. I wont leave you here all by yourself surrounded in a pile of work. I can do my homework here just as well as at home." Y/N sat down across from Kyoya, pulling her school bag next to her. She was about to call her ride and tell them to come back for her later, but then remembered the original reason she came back.

Y/N got up and did a short search for her phone, finding it stuck in the couch. She went into the hallway to take the call, not wanting to disturb Kyoya too much. With that being settled she then moved over to start making a pot of coffee. Kyoya was going to need it with all the work he was doing, either that or tea. Which would he prefer? Perhaps I should just make both Y/N thought over, preparing the warm beverages. Once they were done she brought the tray over to the table, offering it to Kyoya. "I didnt know if you'd prefer coffee or tea so I made both."

"Thank you." Kyoya was surprised. It was rare someone outside of his staff did something like this for him, and without him even asking for it. Though Kyoya had many admirer's this simple kind act made heat rise up in the back of his neck. It was a nice gesture, one that he would make sure to pay back.

glancing up at Kyoya every now and then. Even though he was clearly aggrivated he still looked amazing. In fact you thought his messy hair looked even better than his usual style. "Kyoya, when was the last time you had something to eat?" the H/C girl asked the boy across from her.

"This morning." Kyoya responded, still not allowing his gaze to leave his work.

Y/N rummaged around in her bag for the snack one of her maids had packed for her this morning but used forgotten to eat. Finally grazing her fingers across the packaging of the snack. "Here." she offered Kyoya the sunbei "I know it's not the best food option, especially considering its typically served with green tea but it's all I have. You should eat something at least."

It was safe to say Y/N were exhausted, dealing with club activities as well as assignments and things at home was more work than she had anticipated. Her assignments had likewise started to pile up, and you knew if she didn't start them now there was no chance of finishing them before they were due.

***

Kyoya glanced up from his work, noticing that Y/N had been quiet for quite a while now. It was getting dark by now, surely her parents would be worried. The dark haired boy slid over the stack of papers that mainly blocked you from his view, a smile forming on his face when he saw you. Inadvertently you'd gotten your wish, you had gotten a real smile from Kyoya Ootori.

The girl was asleep on her assignment, hair falling into her face. Y/N's pencil was still in her hand, which was resting by her head. Soft, even breaths left her lips. She looked so peaceful to Kyoya. She was beautiful, even asleep. Kyoya felt once again a certain tightness and fluttering in his chest, a feeling that had been occurring more and more often around Y/N especially after the kiss. Every since the night on the beach Kyoya hadn't been able to shake his thoughts about Y/N. she clouded his mind in every spare moment, and it was an odd sensation for him.

He felt bad waking her up, but they both needed to go home. He collected his things while debating the best way to wake you up. He collected all of Y/N's things as well, placing them in her schoolbag. Kyoya had finished most of the work he needed to do immediately, the rest could wait till he got home, and he could do some in the car too.

Instead of waking you up Kyoya did the most irrational thing, something he would never dream of with anyone else. It was odd how Y/N managed to make him feel so odd, she made him do the strangest things for no reason at all.

Instead of shaking Y/N to wake her up, Kyoya grabbed his bag and hers, then scooped her up in his arms. His ride was already waiting outside for him, and he didnt mind making an extra stop to take Y/N home. It would at least allow her to sleep for a little longer. Kyoya Ootori, sacrificing time to work for someone else, and gaining nothing from it. Nobody would be able believe something this out of character. Kyoya himself was having a hard time dealing with it.

The girl's sleeping frame was carried down flights of stairs and outside to the front gates. Kyoya tried extra hard to make sure he didn't move Y/N too much and wake her up. It was his first time carrying someone like this, and he had to admit he was enjoying it. The feeling of Y/N in his arms just felt right, like when you finally figure out a complicated mathematical problem.

Kyoya's driver asked no questions, he knew better than that. Though in his head he was very confused, why did the young master carry a sleeping girl into his car. Kyoya set you down in the seat next to him, content that you were safe. He ordered the driver to take you home, and pulled out some work to do during the drive.

Eventually the pair of you did arrive at your home. The iron gates outside were closed. "Y/N," Kyoya said your name softly, trying to wake her gently. Had it been Tamaki or any other member of the club kyoya wouldn't be so careful about waking them. Y/N didn't even stir, causing Kyoya to shake her lightly.

A light groan left her lips, eyes fluttering open. "Hmm? Kyoya, this isnt the music room..." Y/N's brain processed where she was, deducing she must have fallen asleep at the table and Kyoya had taken her home. "You took me home?"

"Yes, I had my driver stop by your house."

"Why?" Y/N asked him. Why would Kyoya do something like that for her? Why not wake her up and let her call her own ride home? Y/N started to laugh softly, getting out of the car before Kyoya had a chance to answer her question. Not that he would have had an answer for her anyways. "Just when I thought i had you figured out. Goodnight Kyoya."