Part 2, Chapter 14 - Twilight

The day of the dance arrived. Rose had her dress and everything already picked out for the next day. She was going to be wearing a floor length dark blue slip dress. It had two thin straps holding it up while the front had a soft neckline. It matched perfectly to her necklaces.

Somehow, Alice had managed to make shells attend as well who was going in a dark blue knee length dress with her signature cardigan. It was lighter than Rose's but the girls were still somewhat matching each other in color. Rose didn't understand why Bella didn't want to forgo the sweater but she didn't push. It was a miracle Bella was going out at all. Granted, Rose knew Edward had a sway on her since he was the one who insisted.

Early in the afternoon, Rosalie and Alice had come over to help the girls get ready. Alice went to Bella's room while Rosalie went to Rose's. Charlie stayed downstairs knowing he knew nothing of how to help. Alice had patted his shoulder and fetched him a beer.

Rosalie and Rose were much more calm than Alice had been. The two girls had fetched all the supplies and makeup they needed from the bathroom and took it to Rose's room to avoid Alice and her rampage.

Rosalie sat in Rose's desk chair while Rose curled her hair.

"Gosh your hair is soft."

Rosalie grinned in her seat.
"Perks of never aging. I don't have to worry about hair damage."

Rose hummed softly. Rosalie felt the mood lower a bit.

"We'll figure this out Rose. I promised to help you find answers. You'll get to have your happy ever after."

Rose pulled up a weak smile as she began to pin Rosalie's hair up into an elaborate updo. One of Rose's secret talents was how good she was at hair. When she and her friends on the reservation were younger, the boys had let her do their hair. She now knew how to do many different types of braids, buns, and twists. Embry once wore Princess Leia inspired buns to school and had refused to take them out. His mother forced him to two days later when he began to stink and had needed a shower.

Rose had just finished pulling Rosalie's hair up when there was a knock on the door. Her dad slowly opened it after Rose had said to come in. In his hands he held two mugs.

"I brought y'all some tea. Rosalie, I forget how you like yours so I just brought plain. I have some sugar and creamer downstairs and I can fetch it if you'd like."

Rosalie smiled warmly from her seat, causing Charlie to relax a little. "Plain is perfect, thank you sheriff."

Charlie nodded as Rose skipped over and kissed his cheek.

"Yes thank you dad. We'll be done in a bit and we'll join you downstairs."

Charlie flashed a smile and stepped out. He closed the door behind him.
Rosalie listened as he walked downstairs and returned to the kitchen.

"He'll be going to Bella's room next to ask if they want anything. Sometimes Bella wants a small snack sometimes she doesn't. He'll have to ask whereas with me he doesn't have to."

Rosalie understood and the two girls switched positions. Rosalie swiftly decided to have Rose's hair loose and wavy. She took the Curley and formed loose waves. She took small bits of hair on the sides of her face and pulled it back into a soft braid.

"Now you'll be marching to your boyfriends."

Rose giggled at Rose and the girls moved onto makeup. Both were going softer with their looks, the only difference was Rosalie's red lip to match her dress. They finished quickly and spent time gossiping about school. They talked about the different couples in school, which ones the guessed would fight at the dance. Rosalie had five bucks on Lauren and Tyler breaking up at the dance itself while Rose thought they would after the dance. It was pointless and stupid and it was so much fun. They got to have a moment where both could pretend they were human once more.