Part 2, Chapter 3 - Twilight

Rose's birthday was right around the corner. It was in three day's time and this year it happened on a Friday. Thankfully, that meant Rose could go to the res after school and spend the night at Jared's house where they were having a small get-together. Charlie and Rose were going to the Cullen's Saturday afternoon since Alice was throwing her own party. Rose had told everyone not to go overboard, that she already had everything she could ever want.

Rose was sitting in her car in the parking lot before school started. She had called Bella once she arrived.

"Hello?" the small voice of Bella Swan rang.

Rose straightened herself in her seat, not expecting for Bella to have picked up.

"Hey!" she exclaimed. "I was calling to see how you're doing. Anything new? Meet anybody cute? How's home?" Rose didn't manage to get Bella on the phone very often. Her twin was not one for phone calls, or talking in general. She was quite the introvert, the exact opposite of Rose.

"Everything's fine." Bella replied monotony. "Mom's been traveling across the state with Phil for his games. I get the house to myself a lot now." Rose hummed. "That's gotta be a little lonely though. Look it's not to late, are you sure you don't want to come here? You'd get to be with dad."

Rose could envision the soft shake of Bella's head. "No. You know I don't like the cold. Or wet. That's all Forks is." Rose chuckled and her smile soon fell.

"But it's less lonely. We'd be together at least." she tried to reason. Bella sighed.

"I'll think about it. You, know you could always come back here. With me." Rose didn't hesitate before rejecting the idea.

"You know I can't be with mom anymore. Besides, I have my life here now. It'll be three years of me living here soon. It's so nice here Bells. No more moving, I have amazing friends."

Bella sighed in disappointment. "I know."

Rose tried to form a small smile. "Well did you at least get my package?" Bella hummed in confirmation. "Okay just remember you can't open it until our birthday."

Bella groaned. "Come on. You know I don't want any presents." Rose giggled. "No, you just don't like the ones mom would give us. Mine isn't like that and you know it."

Every year the only gifts the twins received that mattered where the ones they'd get each other. Rose had made Bella a photo book of photos of the two. It enclosed all the awkward ones the parents had taken over the years and the selfies the two would take. Rose had also stamped some wildflowers that grew in Forks.

"Alright fine. I'll open it on our birthday." As Bella said that, the school bell rang out alerting Rose she had to get to class. Alice and Emmett walked up to her car and motioned for her hurry up.

"Alright I love you and I'll call you later Bell. Happy early Birthday!"

"Happy early Birthday Rose." The two hung up and Rose followed the two Cullen's waiting on her inside. The day passed by slowly, Rose found herself just wanting to go home and take a nap. In her last class she got a pressure headache that she occasionally got when she didn't use her gift for a while. Softly groaning knowing this meant she had something to do before she could take a nap.

She arrived home and dropped her bag in the kitchen as she used the back door to make her way into the wood. She only walked for ten minutes before she stopped, satisfied no one would be able to see her. She inhaled and exhaled slowly as she dispensed her pent up energy into pulses shredding the bushes around her. She flexed her fingers and threw her hand out like throwing a ninja star. The result, a hole in the center of a tree that had been in the way of where her arm extended.