Sweet Girl |11|

Mr

Mr. Ravens opens the door to my apartment complex, quietly following me up the stairs to me and Lias apartment.

A sob almost racks through me. Just until Duke leaves, then I can cry and feel whatever i'm feeling right now.

Shifting through my purse I grab my keys and slide them into my apartment doors lock, trying to quickly be alone.

I accidentally drop my keys, feeling a sense of overwhelming and numbing frustration coarse through my body, feeling like i'm about to throw something.

Mr. Ravens bends down and grabs my keys, putting it in the lock, turning it in all sorts of ways until he unlocks the door miraculously very quickly.

I sniffle, he walks in to the door first and holds ur open for me, I walk in and he shuts it?

"I-i'm sorry, thank you for taking me home and everything, you can go back to work or whatever now, i'm sorry for ruining lunch." I say, breathing slowly, tears springing to my eyes.

He places the keys down onto my counter and looks at me with a sense of worry, I take my bag off my shoulder, it suddenly becoming a burden to me, I place it down onto the counter and hug my torso ready for him to leave.

"I'm not going anywhere, Darlene," He says gently but firmly, walking up to me and taking my hands with his, resulting in me feeling exposed, my arms no longer hugging my body.

He lets go of my hands suddenly, and wraps his own arms around me, one arm around my back and one around my head, bringing me into an embrace.

I cant help but cry now, tears flood my eyes and overflow and glide down my cheeks, a sob wracks through my throat, "It's okay, it's okay, you'll be okay, sweet girl." Mr. Ravens whispers.

His hand on the back of my head rubs soothing patterns into my scalp, my arms instinctively wrapped around his hard and lean torso.

I no doubt am soaking his cold dress shirt, the thought making me sob more.

We stay like that for a minute, it feeling like years.

Finally, I pull back, my choked sobs overwhelming my throat and ability to talk properly, that in itself making me want to cry more, but I push it down, i've cried enough in front of him today.

Dukes hands go to my cheeks and he wipes my tears away with his thumbs, gazing down at me with something I've never seen in anyone's eyes before, expect maybe my Momma.

"What do you need, sweet girl?" He asks, his voice massaging a part of my heart, a sense of safety and relief washing over my being. His eyes scanning my own.

"S-sleep." I stutter, sniffling and glancing over to my bedroom.

"Okay, baby, let's get you to bed then."

"O-okay, thank y-you." My stuttering from my throat being all clammed up making me blush, embarrassed.

I yelp suddenly, Duke grabbing my torso and hauling me over his shoulder, a sniffly giggle sounds out of my mouth and a bright smile arrives on my face.

His hand holding me in place, he walks over to my bedroom, softly setting me down on my bed.

"I love your laugh." He mutters, so quiet I almost didn't hear him.

He's standing in front of me at my knees while i'm sitting down, gazing up at him with probably red puffy eyes. He lifts his hand and places it in my cheek, I lean into his touch, his thumb going back and forth across my cheek.

He bends down and places a kiss on the top of my head, "Go to sleep, Darlene."

"Okay." I whisper, staying still and feeling tranced looking into his eyes.

He raises an eyebrow when I don't make a move to climb into bed under my covers, "Don't make me repeat myself, baby."

I blink, my eyes fluttering at the pet name, "I-I have to change and take my s-shoes off." I state.

He smiles and shakes his head at himself, "Right, sorry." Duke bends down and gets on his knees, undoing my shoelaces and taking my sneakers off. A small part of me adoring having my boss doing these things for me.

He stands up and walks over to my closet, sifting through and plucking out a matching set of pajamas, warm fluffy ones.

He lays it next to me, "Where's your bathroom, sweetheart?"

"The door next to the couch." I say, standing and waiting for him to leave to I can get changed. Sleep is the only thing that would make me feel better right now, it always has.

I wish my father wasn't such a harsh man, maybe he is sweet deep down, maybe he truly cares about me and is just saying and acting harsh to protect me or something.

I'm not sure, I never am when it comes to him.

Mr. Ravens walks out of my room and I quickly change into the pajamas he picked out for me, relishing in being in something warm and cozy.

Glancing at my stuffed animals, I glare into my favorite bears eyes, "I know he's handsome, but he's my boss so no more of that, Fuzzy." I dismiss, my stuffed animals have such dirty minds.

I climb into my bed, grabbing on of my pillows and hugging it, feeling my body relax just enough for sleep to creep up on me.

I'm sure Mr. Ravens will find his way out of my apartment when he realizes I fell asleep so fast.

Finally, I shut my eyes and feel the exhaustion of the day ripple away and become replaced with empty sleep.

— AUTHORS NOTE; A BIT OF A SMALL CHAPTER BUT I JUST WANTED TO GET SOMETHING OUT TO YOU GUYS, THANK U ALL FOR READING, I HOPE U HAD A MARVELOUS DAY TODAY AND WILL TOMORROW!!!

(UNEDITED CHAPTER) |DECEMBER 5, 2022|