Careful |9|

Woah! I just bumped into Abdul! That's so crazy, in New York it's kinda hard to see people you didn't plan on seeing, for how busy it is

I wave at Jane, smiling and happy that it is indeed not a wasteland here and it's not like going to school on a weekend or something.

Gripping the plastic bag in my hands, I smile. I got Mr. Ravens a cute big candle before I came here, with the scent of Mahogany Teakwood, I thought it smelled like him. I also got him a little lighter to go with it, just in case he didn't have one.

Stepping into the elevator, I sigh, imagining Mr. Ravens were here next to me again.

The elevator jerks up and suddenly i'm on his floor.

Stepping out as quickly as I can, I catch my breath and wave nicely at the person i've gotten to know as Aemma behind the desk.

I knock softly on Mr. Ravens door, my heart racing a little as I'm not sure if he's in today, I forgot to ask Jane.

My heart skips a beat, hearing his familiar voice letting me know I can come in.

Opening the door and shutting it behind me once more, I turn to see him and I smile nervously, "U-uh hi." I say, waving at him awkwardly.

He raises an eyebrow and gestures me to sit down, I sit down in the chairs in front of his desk and take out the candle and lighter from the bag to try and change the atmosphere.

Giddily holding the candle and lighter in my hand, I bite my lip to try and contain my smile, handing him the candle, "I- uh- got you a candle, since sometimes when you let me close the blinds to light mine, its gets really dark and stuff especially on your desk, so I got you a candle too."

He takes the candle and the lighter, putting it on his desk gently, he smiles at me, "Thank you, Darlene." Him saying my first name makes me shiver in delight.

Mr. Ravens crosses his arms and leans back into his chair, looking at me as if he's going to scold me for something, I shrink a little, waiting for whatever he's going to say.

"Who was that outside?" He asks.

My eyes widen in surprise? Who was what? I thought he was gonna scold me for coming into work on a day i'm not scheduled or something, or for inappropriately getting him a sort of gift.

"E-excuse me?" I stutter, embarrassment fills a part of me, I try to push it down quickly, but my efforts don't really work.

"The man, you bumped into carelessly in front of the building." He says, as if it's the most obvious thing.

Oh! Is he talking about Abdul?

"Abdul?" I say out loud, his eyebrows furrow at the sound of his name from my tongue.

"What about him?" I ask softly, even though my mind is racing asking myself why he cares so much about such a small interaction.

"Who is he? How do you know him?" He asks, a little bit too harsh.

I furrow my brows at his tone and he relaxes a bit more, repeating the question more nicely. I smile inside at this.

"He saved me from getting hit by a car-" I blurt.

His eyes widen, "Darlene, when did you almost get hit by a car?!"

"Oh- um, I don't really remember-" I squeak, I don't know why he's over reacting so much, I didn't actually get hit by one.

"Jesus, Darlene, can you be more careful next time?" He scolds, his fingers rubbing his temples.

I look down at my feet, "Yes, sir."

He sighs, standing from his car and walking over  towards me, his hands cups my jaw and his thumb slides side to side on my bottom lip, making me shiver and my legs clench at the weird throb in between my legs at this action.

"I can't have my secretary getting hit by cars, Darlene, let alone putting trust in random strangers potentially willing to do decent things." He says, locking our eyes together.

I notice him gulp and our breathing patterns start to change, his eyes following his thumbs movements.

I refrain from licking my bottom lip, seeing his eyes flicker from mine and his thumb.

Suddenly he pulls away, taking one step back and racking his hand through his messy hair.

I hear him mutter under his breath, "Jesus."

I gulp, squirming in my seat a little before looking up to see him over by his whiskey tray table in the corner of the office.

He pours himself a glass and walks over, sitting back in his desk chair.

"Your off from work today, you don't have to be here yknow." He says to me, eyes staring just slightly into my little soul.

I clear my throat, "Well, I thought since I don't have anything to do today I might as well come into work to be useful."

His eyebrows raise at this, "Nothing to do?"

I shrug, "My only friend is out working and i've exceeded all my hobbies, watched every movie there is too watch."

"If you had someone to do something with, what would you do?" He says, I grin, thinking hard, um, what's something i'd do with a friend or something? On a Saturday nonetheless.

In deep thought, I get a little lightbulb moment.
I would, maybe go to the movies, or the beach, or get lunch at a crazy cool restaurant, or maybe have a movie marathon or a dance party.

"I'd probably, go to a new cool restaurant, or the movies or something, why?"

"There's a really nice italian place that just recently opened in Manhattan, if you'd wanna try their food?" He says, more like asks?

"You want to go to a restaurant with me?" I ask, smiling yet stunned at his request.

"I never said that." He says, chuckling, embarrassment hits me smack dab in the face and suddenly i'm the biggest idiot ever.

He was just giving me suggestions of what to do today, aka pushing me out of his office telling me to go somewhere else.

"Kidding, Ms. Arrington, hungry?" He says, standing up and calling a car around with the landline on his desk.

I blush, biting my lip scolding myself for not noticing the joke.

Standing up, I grab my purse and follow him out of his office, excited to go on a what? A date? Noooo, it couldn't be? I don't think dating your boss is allowed, picturing me and Mr. Ravens dating is enough to make me giggle.

Father would kill me anyways.

— AUTHORS NOTE; GOOD GODDAMN NIGHT IM POOPED, IM SO EXHAUSTED BUT PUMPED THIS CHAPTER OUT FOR YALLLLL, HOPE U LOVE IT AND I HOPE U ALL GET REST TNNNN BABIES LYYYAAAA (UNEDITED CHAPTER) |NOVEMBER 9, 2022|

(UNEDITED CHAPTER) |NOVEMBER 9, 2022|