Headcanon- Eddie After Vecna

After coming out of the upside down with the others (because that's what should have happened...) Eddie's a little cut up but overall okay. He's traumatised from everything he's seen but glad it's over.

Since his trailer is destroyed you take him back to your house. He doesn't speak much and your parents are out volunteering at the school. You clean him up and ask if he's really okay.

He bursts out crying, letting out all the pent up emotions he's saved since witnessing Chrissy's death. You hold him close for as long as he needs, reassuring him he's okay and you're here with him.

Eddie often has nightmares now, so he begins taking more drugs and smoking more to numb himself. You understand but also try to help him find other ways of coping. Eddie finds relief in you being close to him, so holding him throughout the night and sitting up with him is essential. If he can't sleep or has a really bad nightmare Eddie might intimate some intimacy with you since it's the only time he's focused on something.

Eddie and you both volunteer at school, he's kind and even helps those who used to treat him horribly. He cries when he sees Wayne and the Hellfire Club, they all have a huge group hug.

Since his distraction playing Master of Puppets in the Upside Down, he finds himself zoning out when playing guitar, remembering the bats and how scared he was. The band is worried about him but luckily you and Wayne encourage him to have a break and figure out how to cope.