Metamorphosis

Zuko dreamed of dragons.

He was in the throne room back in the palace.

He was the Fire Lord, reigning over his loyal subjects.

He was sided on each side by dragons, one lightning blue and the other blood red.

He listened as the blue dragon whispered to him, voice light like Azula's

It's getting late. Are you tired Fire Lord Zuko? You should rest my lord. Shut your eyes for a while.

His eyes slowly drooped close.

The red dragon spoke to his left, voice soft like his uncle.

No Fire Lord Zuko! Do not listen to the Blue Dragon! Get out of here before it's too late!

His eyes opened wide.

Sleep now Fire Lord Zuko.

He felt the throne room melt away. He heard the Red dragon's warnings fade.

Yes. Sleep. JUST LIKE MOTHER!

He felt himself being dragged into an abyss. Clawing. Trying to get free as the Blue dragon watched.

LEAVE HIM ALONE!

He saw a green dragon, pulling him from the sinkhole.

He saw the red dragon fighting against the blue dragon in the distance.

The green dragon circled him protectively.

He looked into the eyes of the green dragon, grey film resting over them.

You gotta wake up Sparky.

........

Sparky fell back unconscious almost immediately after waking up and seeing his uncle. Gramps had gone outside of the tent to get started on dinner.

Normally she would have been offended, she doesn't need someone else to cook her food anymore. But he hadn't lied to her once. He said he simply wants to help because they're family, and although she doesn't love him yet, she trusts him. It's kind of hard not to trust the guy, he's just so big and lovable. His entire presence reminds her of the badger moles back home.

I can see where Sparky gets his honesty from.

She flicked her head over to Sparky as she heard him sweating, groaning again from whatever spirit journey he was on.

She had asked Gramps when he would wake up. He had said he was having a 'spiritual metamorphosis'. Whatever that means, it was supposed to help him be happier so that's all she cares about.

Sparky has been sweating for hours now. When's he gonna be done? I didn't think his weird spirit journey would take this long.

She sighed and got another wet towel to place on his forehead.

Sparky started twitching when she switched them, he had done that a couple of times but this time seemed to be the worst. He was twisting and turning in his bed, mumbling something about not being tired.

Ha, of course, Sparky denies needing rest even in his sleep.

She sighed and placed the rag on his head once he had calmed down a little.

She missed Sparky being awake. She had just got a brother and now he was sick, fighting off some weird dream in his sleep.

She wanted to talk to him again. She wanted to see him reunite with Gramps like he's wanted to for the past month. She wanted him to play a game of Paisho with her once Gramps taught her how to play it. She wanted to embarrass him in front of his Uncle with all the stories she has of him.