Ara Becomes A Waitress 💙

"So, you guys are going to a yokai pizza place?" Aranai rests her head on her propped up arms against the couch.

She's really only asking her best friend even though she addressed them all.
Leo is more than happy to provide an answer.

"Yep." He pops the 'p'. "We're going to a place called 'Run of The Mill', the owner of the place Hueso is my friend." The turtle smiles to himself at the mention of the skeletal man.
He has grown quite fond of him.
Yesterday he and his brothers had agreed to help out with orders upon his request and to have Mikey cook something special tonight.

"Hueso moreso tolerates your presence than enjoys it Leo." Donnie walks out of his lab finally ready to leave for the evening.
Leo visibly deflates at that but he quickly puts up a front. "What are you on about Donathan? There is no person on this planet that doesn't enjoy having me around!" He proclaims, ignoring the heavy feeling in his stomach.
His twin only rolls his eyes at him.
However that split second of sadness across his face just now didn't go unnoticed by a certain ravenette.

"Mind if I tag along?"

Both Leo's and Donnie's eyes flutter just a sliver wider open.
Looking over beside himself Leo finds Ara standing there with an excited little smile.
She takes the slider's hand in hers gently squeezing it.
Aranai would often do this when she noticed him acting up just the tiniest bit. It has become a habit.
She's still smiling when their eyes meet but she hopes that Leo notices the meaning behind the gesture.

She had noticed how that comment from Donnie hurt him somewhat and he knows.
Heck they've been around each other enough to pick up on subtler things.
The feeling of the heavy rocks in his stomach seem to crumble so easily under her gaze, being replaced by fuzzy clouds instead.
He squeezes her hand back with a little confident grin, letting her know that he understood.

He gives her a brief nod. "Sure, I'm sure Hueso won't mind making an exception just this once." Enthusiasm back and with Donnie's comment thrown to the wind he grins widely.
Aranai's own grin widens at the sight.

Mikey and Raph had also joined the three about to leave somewhere along the lines.

Ara claps her hands together, unfortunately that causes her to let go of Leo's to which both silently begin to mourn the loss of warmth.

"Well then, what are we waiting for?" Fancy headset around her neck and her backpack on one shoulder she makes a run for the exit, leaving the others to bite the dust.

-

"Lee this place is amazing!" As they enter the pizzaria Aranai can't help voicing her awe.
It wasn't anything too fancy, yet it still was in a way but just the right amount.
This whole place just felt really... Homey, to her.
Raph, Donnie and Mikey have gone to take a seat til' further notice.
She hears Leo chuckle from behind her. "Isn't it?" He proudly puffs out his chest, suddenly feeling like he'd won something.

Hueso's place had always felt special to him so to have his best friend approve of it too just made him swell with an odd sense of pride. "Oh I can't wait for you to meet Hueso! You'll love him!"

"I don't think I could ever dislike anyone you like, Lee."

Ara is about to playfully elbow him when she accidentally walks into somebody.
Her eyes were more on her best friend than they were on her surroundings.

"Oh, I'm really sorry! Are you alright sir? I wasn't looking where I was supposed to be.." She's quick to apologise, her eyebrows draw closer together.
Leo grins at the figure of the familiar skeletal man but doesn't say anything just yet.
Hueso smiles ever so gently, dusting himself off as he opens his mouth to speak.