Little Newcomer 💙

Some moronic dude at Ara's school brings a poor little turtle to torture to school with him and Aranai teaches him a lesson.
_________________________________________

Aranai bursts into the lair's kitchen where the brothers were having a friendly compatition to see who could drink the most water without having to use the bathroom first, when-

"LEE, I'VE FOUND YOUR LONG LOST SON!"

The human shouts, causing the blue masked turtle, together with his brothers to spit out the mouthfuls of water they were just about to swallow.
Leo glances towards her and does a double take.
The girl is holding something atop her right palm carefully.

"You what my what?" You can see the gears turning in Leo's head just by the look on his face.
"We're uncles?!" Mikey excitedly leans so he can glance at the human with stars in his eyes

Eheh, yall might want a recap on this, huh?

So it all started when-

"Kade, put the turtle down." The tone of Aranai's voice comes out assertive.

She isn't joking.

"Oh loosen up, buttercup! It's just a turtle, no need to get antsy," The brunette male dangles the little amphibian upside down by the tail.
Poor thing looks scared out of its mind, it's just a baby!

The pulsing vein on Aranai's forehead doubles in size.

"I said put the turtle down," She pauses, "or else."
Kade gives her an incredilous look. "Or else what?" The forming smirk on his face never fully stretches across it, because Aranai promtly socks the guy in the jaw, sending him to the floor.
The little turtle- A baby red-eared slider, gets chucked into the air at the same time.
Thanking herself for joining the girls' basketball team, the ravenette catches it with ease.
She holds the tiny being close to her chest.

Kade spits out a bloodied tooth.

"Or else that," The girl spits, then shifts her gaze onto the little cutie atop her palm. "You okay, little guy?" She slowly inches a finger towards its head and only scratches when the turtle leans into her touch.
It let's out a little chirp and Ara's heart almost literally melts.

"Ay qué lindo~" As she gushes over the little being in her hand, Kade silently makes himself scarce, lest she hit him again.

This chick is crazy!

"Aranai? Is everything-?" April's familiar voice comes from behind suddenly and Aranai's body goes stiff with nerves. "I DIDN'T HIT HIM!" She explaims with her back still facing the brunette, her free hand shooting up in defense and her face donning the awkwardest of grins.

April sweatdrops. "Ohhhkay...."

And thus, Aranai ended up buying a very spacious aquarium and anything else essetial for keeping a turtle the same day.

-

"Isn't he just the cutest?" The ebony haired teen bops her nose against her new companion's snout.
When April called the little turtle a 'pet' Aranai insisted the tiny animal is her friend and not her pet- Whatever that meant-

And apparently the turtle is in fact a male, as the shopkeeper had informed the two.

"Look at youuu~" She coos, her expressions changing left and right as she babies the thing.
April can't help letting out an amused chortle.

"Heeey, ya'know, you remind me an awful lot of a certain somebody," Ara holds up the turtle in both hands as if it were a burger and squints at him accusingly.
The red cresents on his little scaled face pop against the green shades.
An image of a shit-eating grin emerges in her mind.