Part 23

12 Years into the Reign of King Aemond, the First of His Name.

"How did you and mother meet?" Selaena asked as she speared a carrot with her fork.

Aemond smirked over his goblet as he fondly remembered the night he broke into your room. "I tried to kill her."

You leaned over to your six year old daughter and winked. "And I tried to kill him."

Aedira laughed and poured herself a watered wine as she whispered loudly to her sister, "So it was just like any other day then."

You shared a look with your husband as his hand slipped under the table to rest upon your thigh and his lips teased your ear as he murmured beneath the girls' chatter, "Is that how you remember it?"

"I remember it was over quite quickly."

Aemond's teeth grazed your earlobe and he nipped at your skin. "I don't believe the length really matters when I remember your eyes rolling back in your head when you came."

The chairs opposite you screeched as they were pushed back abruptly and Aedira and Selaena rose as they placed their napkins on their plates.

"I'm going to vomit if I stay here another moment," Aedira muttered as she waved a finger between you and Aemond. "Come on Selaena, shall we find Jaehaera and Aegon?"

You watched your daughters leave the dining room and couldn't believe how quickly the years had passed. As a child, a year had seemed like eternity yet as an adult a decade passed in the blink of an eye.

Ten years of peace, ten years of contented ruling. That was what had come to pass after an initial tumultuous two years of ruling Westeros. The Scythian army had been called far to the north to Winterfell where the support for Rhaenyra had been strongest but they were quick to cease their rebellion and swear loyalty to King Aemond. Since then life had become a calm quiet, or as quiet as it could be with two daughters running around the Keep and the addition of a newborn soon to join.

Rhaenyra's two surviving children had been found hiding in Winterfell after Aemond was crowned King and it was with the promise that they would not be slaughtered that aided in the Stark House ceding to the crown. To keep the boys safe while the last of the rebellion was quashed they had been shipped to Scythe and were raised in the castle as Princes. Aemond was keeping his promise to break the violent cycle and when Aegon and Jaehaera came of age they were wed to ensure the peace continued for the next generation.

The hand beneath the table was slowly creeping up your thigh and though you hadn't finished your meal, you dropped your cutlery and rose with a heated stare at your husband. "Jaehaera will keep the girls busy, you know how enamoured they are with the new babe. Shall we retire early?"

Aemond dabbed his lips with his napkin after hastily finishing his wine and quickly caught up to you as you made for the royal chambers. You were sorely at a disadvantage in your state and your husband thoroughly enjoyed the fact you could not escape him when you could not see your feet.

"Enjoy this while you can," you warned as you reached the bedroom and placed a hand on your rounded belly while you caught your breath. "You will not talk me out of the tea for a fourth time."

Aemond snickered but it sounded more like a challenge of 'we'll see about that' before he reached for the corset strings and began to free you from the restricting dress. "But you look so beautiful when you are carrying my children."

"You also find me beautiful when I am not carrying your children," you pointed out after taking a deep breath as the corset fell away.

"That is true, my love, you are always beautiful. Nay, you are fucking sexy."