chapter 27

Marinette was in the kitchen frying a burger. Since her parents aren't home she makes burgers for them.

(Flashback) "Marinette you are mine you get that? Not catnoir's", Nathaniel said in a firm tone.

(End of flashback) Marinette has been having these flashbacks from yesterday and they won't stop.

She stared into space and kept thinking about it, when she smelt something burning.

She sniffed the air all confused. The smoke detector detected smoke and started to go off. Marinette looked down at the burger in shock and realized that it was the burger burning.

She turned off the stove then got a towel to fan the smoke away her. She coughed as the smoke entered her lungs.

Cat ran into the kitchen as he heard the smoke alarm go off. Marinette was still coughing. "Omg what are you doing? Are you trying to burn the kitchen down?", Cat asked her while running into the kitchen.

Marinette coughed and shaked her head while saying, "I'm sorry", cat grabbed the towel from her and started to clear the air with it by fanning it.

He opened up all the windows and fanned the smoke away. Soon the alarm stopped going off and he looked at Mary.

"I'm sorry I just......ever since yesterday I've been having nightmares and flashbacks about Nathaniel and it won't stop", she said as she started to cry.

Cat frowned. "And I don't know what to do I'm so scared cat, I'm scared that he'll come back for me and try to hurt me again I'm just really really scared", Marinette inbetween sobs.

Cat felt terrible so he ran to her and hugged her tight. "Shhhh it's ok i won't let him hurt you I promise", cat said while rubbing her back.

Marinette started to calm down a little bit and she felt safe in his arms. A couple minutes later they both are still hugging and he has her on the kitchen table while he still hugged her.

Marinette fell asleep in his arms. Cat didn't know she was sleeping. "Hey Mary you ok?", He asked in a tender tone.

Marinette didn't respond. "Marinette?", He said while pushing her body away from his only realize that she is sleeping.

He smiled tenderly at her and lifted her up and layed her down in bed to let her rest. He gave her forehead a light kiss and went back into the kitchen.