Chapter 23 | Unparalleled Tension

A tall male with messy black hair paced a large office, glowing yellow eyes worriedly flickering around the room.

His black shoes tapped on the marble floors. His tight black slacks had been hurriedly pulled on 20 minutes prior; a black dress shirt hung from his frame, and buttons were undone to show his upper chest. 

Lucifer constantly checked the golden Louis Moinet watch on his wrist.

Sitting on the marble desk was a caramel-haired man. The brunette watched his beta pace the room with an expressionless face. He wore a suit similar to yesterday's, and his dress jacket lay on the back of his chair.

"Lucifer." He called out. 

He was ignored.

When would they get here? Shortly after the alpha was linked by the scouting trio, he linked him to return immediately. As soon as he finished his lovely dinner with his mate, he had to rush out of his home.

Cronus sighed, "Vulcan." 

Finally, the Beta listened. He lifted his head to his alpha with an alert expression. Cronus pinched the bridge of his nose, "You need to settle down." He said in a stern tone, "Your pacing doesn't make the elevators move faster."

Lucifer had arrived by helicopter. 

He could see the pure shock on his mate's face as she watched him depart. It was adorable.

As of now, Vulcan has taken control. Lucifer was in such distress that he had to take a step away. It was unlike him to be such a mess. When it came to his River, his mate, his heart picked up, and his mind ran a mile a minute. He goes crazy.
He slid out a cream-coloured chair and sat in it. Vulcan laced his fingers together as he rapidly bounced his leg. Cronus didn't say anything else, seeming to notice the commendable effort his Beta was putting in.

The double doors to the room were thrown open.

Immediately, Vulcan was to his feet. "Zunkú!" He barked out viciously. Blake, Tanner, and Tigress entered the room with worried expressions.
[Report!]

The redhead woman held a container, though its contents were hidden. Tanner cleared his throat loudly, "We found who broke into her home." He announced. The blonde peered at Cronus for permission, which was given with a nod.

"O are ze going ha nukhú fau, Ek." Blake spoke up.
[You're not going to like this, Beta.]

Tanner threw the man a glare. He could tell now wasn't the time for anything like that. 

Vulcan seethed, veins and muscles bulging under his clothes. His canines elongated from his maw, lips curling up to release a snarl.

The woman approached with the evidence, ignoring the beta's agitated state. "Unfortunately, my tracking ends here." She admitted.