jgr;; 9

"Kyungsoo hyung?" Kai yells from the gate. He rings the doorbell again. "The ice cream's gonna melt!"

"Why is he even here?" Kyungsoo asks himself as he continues to look out the window. Kai can't see him standing there unless he opens the gate. He fishes his phone out of his pocket and opens the chat again. He types furiously, brows furrowed.

kyeongseu: Kai, go home.

He looks up the window again and pushes the curtains out of the way, just in time to see Kai looking at his phone. Kyungsoo's cellphone buzzes from his hand and he looks at his reply immediately.

letoutthebeast: why? don't you want ice cream??

it's starting to melt ㅠㅠ pls let me in!!

it's cold out here

kyeongseu: Then why the heck did you come out of your house without a coat? Dumbass.

He sees Kai frown and he chuckles to himself. It is quite cold outside. His phone buzzes again.

letoutthebeast: wow hyung ure mean like d.o and nini

but i still like you so c;

on my defense, i was in a hurry to get here so i can spend time with u

Kyungsoo's cheeks turns crimson red. He glares at Kai before opening the door beside him. It was cold out. He walks up to the gate and opens it, revealing a shocked Kai. He was wearing a simple white shirt and jeans. His hair wasn't styled up like it always did in school. Kai suddenly smiles and gestures to the tub of ice cream in his hand. "So, do you like chocolate?"

-

Kyungsoo can't help but look over his shoulders to see Kai still sitting in the living room, eating a huge bowl of ice cream. He quickly poured two glasses of water and carries them back to the living room. He puts it on top of the coffee table and sat across Kai.

"What are we watching?" Kai asks. He gestured to the television.

"I'm watching. You're gonna finish that bowl of ice cream and then you're going to walk out of the door and drive back to your house where you belong."

Kai frowns. He puts the bowl down and wipes the corners of his mouth with a tissue. "That's mean, hyung."

"You should be used to it by now." Kyunggsoo answers. He isn't usually rude to his guests, even if sometimes they're being a bunch of assholes (Sehun, Luhan, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol). But Kai is an exception. He knew that the younger male had a reputation in their university. Kyungsoo wonders why he chose to waste his weekend with him rather than his friends. Kai wasn't the person who would sleep around. He's much like his brother. He's a flirt if he only likes the person. But at the moment, Kyungsoo isn't sure if he's just playing with him or if it's true. Either way, he's not going to fall for his tricks.

Kai smiles. "I'm staying here, anyway."

Kyungsoo watches him as he eats the ice cream. "Hey Kai," He calls.

The younger male looks up at him. "Yeah?"

"Didn't something happen between you and my brother? I mean, you were asking for a second chance with him when I first met you, right?"

Kai scratches his neck and looks away. "You remembered?"

"Of course, I do." Kyungsoo answers. "Why did you ask me for a date and not him?"

"Your brother likes Jongin." He answers. "And I like you."

Kyungsoo narrows his eyes at him. "But something happened between you two. Twice. If it happened twice, that means one of you liked each other."

Kai bit his bottom lip. "Does it bother you so much that you doubt me?"

"I doubt that you like me, Kai. I don't care what happened between you and my brother. Even if it didn't happen, I would still be in doubt of what you said. You had a reputation of being a playboy, Kai. If you're playing with me, you better stop it now." Kyungsoo says.

"I'm not." Kai answers. He rakes his finger through his hair in frustration and sighs. "All I'm asking for is a chance, Kyungsoo. I'm not forcing you to believe what I said, but I really do like you. A lot."

Kyungsoo felt the heat rise in his cheeks and he looks away immediately, glad that Kai was looking down. He draws his upper lip and puts it behind his bottom set of teeth, sucking in a deep breath before narrowing his eyes on Kai, studying him. The younger male suddenly stands up and gives him a tight lipped smile before walking towards the door. Kyungsoo tugs at the hem of his shirt, making him stumble back a few steps before regaining his balance. He looks at Kyungsoo quizzically.

"Where are you going?" Kyungsoo asks.

"Uh," He scratches his neck. "Home?"

Kyungsoo quirked an eyebrow. "Why?"

"I wanted to give you time to think about what I said." Kai answers. "Because I really meant that, hyung."

"Oh." Kyungsoo blinks at him. "Okay."

"Okay? What-what do you mean by that?"

Kyungsoo doesn't answer and reaches around Kai instead. He grabs the remote and selects a new movie, trying his best not to laugh his baffled expression. It's not every day that you see the usual cocky Kai being confused as fuck and to be frank, Kyungso is enjoying every single bit of it. Kai isn't like this at school as well. Jongin might get higher grades than him, but Kai can compete with that easily, if he just made time to read his books rather than go out with his friends. "Hyung-"

"Shush. The movie's about to start." Kyungsoo scolds him. "I hope you're okay with horror movies."

At this, Kai's face broke into a huge grin. "As long as I get to finish my bowl of ice cream."