10

A/N: Hello. Here is a new chapter. 

There is a short, non-graphic discussion about past injury in this chapter. 

Hopefully you read and enjoy. :)

------------------------------

"Alright. Spill it," Dinah said as Normani climbed into bed.

"I don't know what you're talking about," the older woman stated.

Dinah scoffed. "Right. Because you have the same worried mom look Ally gets sometimes for absolutely no reason."

Ally rolled her eyes. "I normally have a very good reason to have a worried mom face," she said as she flicked Dinah's shoulder. She turned to look at Normani. "But Dinah is right. You have seemed a little off since you came back downstairs after telling the girls the cookies were done. What's up?"

Normani laid back against the headboard and blew out a breath. She bit her lower lip for a moment and then said, "I'm not sure I should tell you. I don't think I was meant to see what I did."

The two blondes beside her both frowned.

"Uh, please explain a little more for context," Dinah said.

"Yeah, that could mean anything, Mani," Ally said in agreement.

"Camila and Lauren were on Mila's bed." Normani paused and internally debated if she should continue. She finally chose to carry on. "Lauren had her back to the door, and her shirt was partly up. There was... scarring on her back. Not just like faded or little ones. There was a pretty nasty scar across the middle of her back. I don't want to know what created it."

Dinah exhaled slowly and ran a hand down her face. "I'd bet it had something to do with that 'one time' Lauren mentioned about her dad hurting her." She shook her head and sighed angrily. "The more I hear about him, the less I like him."

Ally rubbed Dinah's shoulder soothingly. "Well, the good news is that it seems she's away from him, and doesn't plan on going back any time soon," she reasoned. "It might be something to ask her about, though. At least in the sense of making sure she's protected."

"I don't think I was supposed to see that scar," Normani reminded them. "Camila gave me a look that definitely gave the 'don't ask about it' vibe when she figured out I was there and had seen it."

"We won't ask about it," Ally replied simply. "But that doesn't mean we can't make sure she's safe. She's already admitted that he's hurt her once. We can make sure it doesn't happen again."

"I'm curious to know why the bastard isn't in jail, but I'm not going to ask," Dinah murmured.

"I guess we just wait and see if they bring it up at any point?" Normani said inquisitively. She moved down to lay on her back under the blankets. "Where are you taking the girls tomorrow, Ally?" she asked to change the subject.

Ally rolled over onto her side and cuddled up to the younger woman. "One of the stores at the mall is having a sale on plush toys. I checked, and they should have a Nala in stock for Lauren."

Dinah perked up slightly. "Oh, can I tag along? I want to go to a couple of stores."

Ally groaned softly as Normani added her own agreement in wanting to tag along. "The two of you take forever when we go."

Dinah scoffed as she rolled her eyes. "You're one to talk, Smalls. You can take ages when we go clothes shopping."

"That would be because designers do not know how to make clothes for short people, so it's not my fault."