9

A/N: Hello, a new chapter to end the weekend/start your week. Inconsistent posting schedule for the win.

This picks up with Lauren and Camila's conversation about the events of last chapter.

There are mentions of Lauren's dad and past abuse, but it's not anything highly descriptive. Just vague mentions.

Hopefully you read and enjoy. :)

————————

Camila dragged Lauren upstairs and into her room and shoved the older girl down onto the bed before quickly climbing up and holding Lauren in her arms. Lauren just curled in on herself as she tried to keep cries at bay.

"Lauren, babe, listen to me," Camila said, voice firm but still soft spoken. "Whatever we do next, I need you to know that you have not ruined anything for me, okay? I know you think you did, but you did not. You didn't. I swear."

Lauren shook her head and managed to get out through hiccups, "I did. I did. I fuck everything up."

"No, no. You haven't fucked anything up," the younger girl promised, softly patting Lauren's back. "You haven't. I hadn't been here very long when I saw the email about the power, so I wasn't really in headspace," she explained, keeping up her motions of patting Lauren's back. "Dinah, Mani, and Ally have had concerns since the day at the park. They've just kept them to themselves. They're right to have some worries, Laur."

Lauren sniffled and shook her head. "They shouldn't. I'm not worth it."

"Bullshit," Camila immediately replied, tightening her hold on the older girl. "I don't know how to make you see it, but god dammit, Lauren, you are worth worrying about. No ifs, ands, or buts about it."

"They probably think I'm insane."

"No, they're genuinely worried, and for good reason," Camila countered. "If you don't want to talk them about it, I'll make sure they drop it. But Lo, I really, really think you need to talk about to someone about all of this."

Lauren rolled over to face away from Camila.

Camila in turn rolled over Lauren and brushed up against the wall, pushing Lauren back to look at her. "They have questions, and they worry about you."

"Why? They barely know me, and they only know me because of you."

"They just do. Plus, you're like a puppy. Cute and adorable, a little hard to ignore."

Lauren glared and shoved Camila with a huff. "Don't call me a puppy."

Camila just laughed softly. "My point still stands. They have some concerns, which is very understandable given some of your reactions. If you want to talk to them, you can. If you don't, I'll tell them to drop it."

Lauren sighed heavily and pressed her face into the mattress. "I don't see what they could do to help."

"I'm sure Ally would be a lot more help than you think. She's got all kinds of resources," Camila responded. She bit her lip, contemplating her next thought. "I know you're still figuring out what to do about your designation," she broached the topic carefully, prepared for Lauren to shut down. "But, I think you might find you actually like being a Little if you let yourself give it a try."

Lauren shook her head, a new round of tears pooling in her eyes. "I can't do that."

"You've said that before. What do you mean, Laur?"

Lauren shook her head more vigorously, bringing her arms to cover her head. "I can't. I can't be a Little. It's not what I'm supposed to be. And I'm sure as hell not supposed to want it."