29

"And that's the checkered flag, Dani," Nate, Daniella's race engineer happily announced. "You are the winner of the Sao Paulo Grand Prix."

"Ahh! Yes!!" Daniella laughed as she slowed down and waved at the fans. "It feels so good to win again. Thanks, everyone. Did we get the 1-2?"

"We did."

"Great work team."

The Mercedes drivers parked their cars and got out of it. The first thing they did was hug each other. Lewis was close to a win but there was no denying that the second driver had more pace and ended up winning.

Daniella was happy to win again after a series of bad races.

"Great race you two," Carlos, who finished third joined the two drivers. "And congrats Dani."

"Thanks," Daniella smiled. "Congrats on your podium as well."

Her smile grew bigger when she saw Max walking towards her. He still had his helmet on but she can correctly imagine how he is looking.

"Told you you will win again," Max hugged her tightly. He didn't have a good race but he was happy for his girlfriend.

"You did and you were right," Daniella pecked his helmet before she was pulled away for the interview.

George came over and congratulated Lewis but didn't even look at the winner.

***

"Really? First Lando and now you?" Max asked as Daniel clicked a photo of the couple.

They were at a restaurant with a few more drivers, enjoying their night after the race. Daniella was sitting next to Max and was leaning against him, his arms were around her as they talked and ate their dinner and of course, drank alcohol.

"It's actually really fun," Daniel took a few more photos. "And a great way to capture memories. I think I should become a professional photographer after this year."

"You are just taking a year break, not completely retiring," Daniella chipped in. "There is no need to think about another profession."

"She is just in denial about everything," Max explained. "Especially about Seb retiring."

"And also Mick...oh poor Mick," Daniella's voice cracked. "I can't believe he doesn't have a seat for next year."

"How much did she drink?" Daniel asked Max as he looked at the empty glass.

"Enough to make her emotional," The Red Bull driver replied as he pulled his girlfriend closer so that she was comfortable.

"Dad is going to cry when he watches Seb retire next week," Daniella continued. "I need to ask someone to keep him away from the Aston Martin garage."

Max's eyes slightly went wide as what Daniella just said hit him.

"Wait...your dad is coming to Abu Dhabi?"

"Yes," Daniella nodded. "He confirmed this evening."

"You are screwed," Daniel laughed at the Red Bull driver.

"Don't worry, he is only going to watch Seb race for the last time," Daniella assured her boyfriend. "He might cry a little though."

"I ordered another round of drinks," Lando joined as he came back to the table and his eyes landed on the couple. "What's wrong with these two?"

"Dani is drunk and Max just found out his future father-in-law will be in Abu Dhabi," Daniel replied, he found the situation amusing and took a few photos to capture the moment.