22

"You know, we could have come here separately..." Daniella mumbled, sounding a bit annoyed as she and Lewis walked inside the bowling alley together.

"We could have, but it was for the best that we didn't," Lewis pointed out. "You were sleeping, Dani...and I am pretty sure you wouldn't have shown up if I hadn't dragged you out of bed." The older driver was right. After the qualifying session and the debrief Daniella went straight to her hotel and after freshening up she thought taking a nap would be a good idea, completely forgetting about the plans made by her teammate.

"I was just taking a short nap," Daniella tried to defend herself.

"You forgot didn't you?"

"No..." she let out a laugh, trying to look offended. "You just never..." before she could finish her sentence all the words stuck in her throat and she was taken aback by the presence of George Russell. He was already with the team and laughing about something.

"What is he doing here?" Daniella looked at Lewis for an explanation.

Lewis immediately realized his mistake but it was too late now.

"Okay..don't get angry but I invited him," Lewis replied. "George is part of our team as well..."

"Yeah. Part of the team," Daniella scoffed. "He is the reason why I am out of the championship."

"And he feels bad about it."

"Aww how sweet," Daniella faked a smile. "Have you forgiven Nico yet?"

Lewis bit his tongue, not wanting to argue and most importantly he doesn't want to talk or hear about his former best friend and teammate.

"Finally you two showed up," Angela approached the two drivers as their team also spotted them. "For a second there I thought both of you bailed."

'I tried to but he didn't let me," Daniella smiled, trying her best not to continue the argument with Lewis.

"Of course he didn't," Angela gave the young driver a quick hug.

Daniella her way toward Myra and Nate who were enjoying some snacks and drinks with the other team members.

"Hi, Dani.." George gave her a polite smile.

"Hi," Daniella greeted back but sounded emotionless, not even sparing him a look.

George knows very well she is not going to forgive him anytime soon, and part of him cares about it while the other part thinks what he did in Singapore is well deserved and balances out Daniella stealing the Mercedes seat from him.

"Be nice," Myra warned the driver. "Everyone is here so don't fight or make a scene."

"Don't listen to her," Nate interrupted his girlfriend. "I haven't seen a good fight in a long time so you have my permission to go and fight George."

Daniella couldn't help but chuckle as she stole some French fries from her race engineer.

"No fighting please," Lewis joined the three. "and Dani, please try to control your anger till you and George are alone."

***

"Wow! They are really competitive, huh?" Nyck de Vries commented as he along with the others watch Daniella and George fiercely compete with each other.

"How much do you want to bet that Dani is imagining that she is hitting George with the ball?" Nate chipped in as he filmed the scene.

"How much do you want to bet that George is imagining the same with Dani?" Myra added.